Is this Blueberry autoflower?

From a fellow grower: I ordered blueberry auto-flowering feminized seeds. What’s growing from the seeds I received is definitely not blueberry. So I’d like some information as to what strain this is. Any help would be appreciated because I am absolutely clueless, all I know is that it’s not blueberry because blueberry usually has a lot of purple and there’s no purple anywhere nor does it have the same smell.

1 Like

Occasionally the blueberry smell does not show up into late flowering, this is when a plant produces the most terpenes.

4 Likes

I started with 3 plants from the same order. 2 of them turned purple after the first week and produced a very potent smell, but unfortunately I accidentally killed the two purple ones during stress training. This one however has been completely green and has shown no sign of color changes since we’ve started growing it up till now, the smell is also very light. Which is why we think this one might not be blueberry, if it’s not then we’d like to know exactly what strain it is so that we know what kind of bud we’ll be producing.

2 Likes

It’s probably just a slightly different phenotype.
And unfortunately without lab testing there’s no sure way to tell just by looking.
:v:

3 Likes

The last blueberry I grew the smell did not come out until I started the cure in the jars, then the berry aroma come out.

3 Likes

Kellydans Was your plant also green? Or was there some purple?

2 Likes

Here is a Blueberry I grew. It never changed color really. Also it didn’t smell very much until the cure as well. I know I harvested it a bit too early though.

6 Likes

Beautiful plant @Noctis420 ! Yes @Spartan my plant was green with a lot of Amber. You can achieve the color with colder temperatures. I think the pictures sometimes with all of the Breeders guides is a little misleading with some of the colors. Just my thoughts good luck

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! @Spartan

2 Likes

It’s just a little strange that two of them grew purple and this is the odd one that’s only green.

1 Like

Yeah as @Oldguy mentioned. (Phenotype) one took after mom the other one took after Dad.

1 Like

When I grew my Blueberry Kush it didn’t a blueberry smell till near the end. Now in the jars its like diving head first into a blueberry patch. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hi I have grown blueberry as well auto and photo the pics from the seed companies are very misleading and if you realy want to see some color it is realy easy just drop your heat by more then ten degrees from day time to night and you will get some color out of the 10 blueberry plants I grew the only ones I got color on were the ones I grew out side all my indor plants don’t realy get color cus the fact my heat dosent change day ore night and the reality is it changes nothing in the potency and some one was right the terpins don’t realy get all the strong tell the last 3 weeks of budding and again if you want more smell and color another way you can draw that out is to use a product called purpinator

Here are 2 Blue Berry autos i grew

both from ILGM. the first one i grew inside the other was grown outside

Thanks everyone for your help. My brother and I were very confused when the first two plants grew purple and had a potent smell and then the third one the exact opposite. So again thank you all for the information you’ve provided, it’s helped put our minds at ease.