Is this beginning of bud rot?

1 Like

I see no evidence of bud rot. What, specifically, are you concerned with?

1 Like

The brown stigma’s

Are you foliar feeding? What is all the white stuff on the leaves. If you are spraying / misting the plant I’d strongly recommend stopping.
I don’t see anything that indicates bud rot. Actually I don’t think it is mature / dense enough to have bud rot.

1 Like

Your plant is doing fine.

1 Like

I had wpm so I sprayed them. Maybe too much lol

Thanks for the info.

What did you spray them with…just curious. In veg, I’ve used a shotglass of ammonia to a liter spray bottle (it breaks down into nitrogen and will give your plants a boost), also used 50/50 h2o2/h2o, and milk/water at 30/70 ratio when in flower, right up to harvest. I’ve never used Neem (never will either).
Remember, always spray at lights out! And if you’ve had WPM, I’d really recommend a bud wash at harvest.

3 Likes

I used baking soda. Didn’t know I had to wait till lights out. Lesson learned. Lol thanks!

1 Like

When you harvest it’d be a good idea to do a thorough bud wash.

10 Likes

Do you use regular household ammonia?

1 Like

yep, nothing fancy. I’ve given them a blast when they’ve looked a little pale before. Nothing a blast of Nitrogen won’t green up!
Of all 3 tho, I find the milk solution works best. And it doesn’t stink.

2 Likes

I am chopping an auto this weekend who’s had a mild case of WPM. I’ve been spraying her a few times per week with a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water to control it. The plant will be getting a bud wash. There are (2) photos in the tent that are just starting to flower and every few days I clips a few leaves off of each that have a spot of WPM on them. What’s the best way to control it or be proactive? Thinking about cleaning the tent after the auto is chopped. Hopefully removing her since I feel she is the source will help get rid of it.

What really works well is milk/water solution sprayed at lights out. A 30% milk, 70% water ratio works well, doesn’t matter whether it’s no-fat, low-fat, or all-fat milk. If your humidity isn’t too high, give them a heavy dose of this. I spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves, rub my hands up and down to make sure the entire leave gets covered. Gives the plant a calcium boost as well!
Cutting leaves off that get a spot or 2 on them isn’t a long-term solution, you’ll eventually run out of leaves! KILL it when you get the chance! Trust me, have had it for the last several grows, I will finally get a chance this summer to rid it from my tent. Just gotta wait until 2 more plants finish!

1 Like

Thanks. Do you continue to use the milk/water throughout the flowering? Such as a weekly treatment? Does the tent smell like spoiled milk?

The pictures below show spots that don’t appear to be WPM (maybe they are, just not sure) I’m definitely sure I have/had it on some of the undercarriage leaves.

Yep. It gets a bit messy, so I’ll alternate between milk and peroxide sprays. Just don’t freak out if you give it a milk spray and then a week later you give it a hydroxide spray…it’ll bubble a bit and drip white! Perfectly normal, just first time it’s like WTF??

The second pic looks like WPM just starting. The edges of your leaves are yellowing, that’s a deficiency possibly, altho my Dutch Treat plants seem to have that look too. Or it could be nute burn…your tips are browning a bit. Hard to pinpoint without knowing your feeding/watering schedule and your numbers. Every once in a while when I think about it, I will give mine a watering of Epsom salts (lucky if I remember to do this 2 times during their growth! LOL).

Thanks. I definitely had a deficiency at one time. I was watering for the 1st few months with tap water that had been left out a week or so and the PH was way high which locked out some nutes. I got a ph/tds pen several weeks ago and am watering around 6.5 PH and monitoring the run off. Currently around 1100. I have given a cup of water here and there with Epsom salt during some waterings

1 Like