Is this an auto? Need guidance please

Let me start by saying I know nothing about the strain of this plant because it was given to me when it was at least 2 months old at the beginning of May. It is at least 4 and a half months old. Originally it was in a one gallon pot with yard dirt and sand. I repotted in 12 gallon pot using Miracle Grow soil and compost (since reading on this site I now know I should not have used Miracle Grow). It has grown quite a bit (about 4 and a half feet tall and I have tried to do some LST. I have been using Foxfarm Big Bloom and Grow Big and it is grown outdoors. I do have problem with grasshoppers and different bugs eating the leaves but overall it looks good. I live in the deep south and we are having 14+ hours of sunlight so I was surprised when it looked like it was in preflower. Does this mean it is an autoflower? Is this big for an autoflower? Should I start giving it Tiger Bloom? I am growing another plant from seed that is 2 months old, so between the 2 this is my first grow and I am so overwhelmed with all the different growth stages, feeding nutrients, pest, extreme heat (having 90 degree temps) My PH is 6.2 and I fed this morning with Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. My run off measured 1560 ppm.I have the Fox Farm Soil feeding schedule. Beside the big 3 there are a lot of other nutrients listed. Do I need to give all those as well? What should I look for now? I’ve been reading a lot on this site and there seems to be some great growers out there with good knowledge. I Really could use some guidance on where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

May 19 Repotted

2 Likes

I doubt it is an auto, 4 months is a stretch for a stubborn auto. Those are pretty large trees and it appears the plant is getting some shade. It is possible that it is enough shade to trigger flower in a regular photo type plant. If the amount of shade changes as the sun moves further south, it may cause the plant to kinda flip back and forth between veg and flower.

2 Likes

Yes it does get some shade, evening sun the plant does get shade. Should I move her to a location that gets less shade or is it too late? Have I completely screwed this up?

3 Likes

You are probably good. Can move if want but looks happy.

2 Likes

@Coco27 can you post some pics from above the tops. It’s hard to tell if your growing a thick bushy strain and I’m seeing tips to new growth or if those are pistols starting to push out. Are they white or green from your perspective? Not the 2 hairs on the calyx’s.

Outdoor grows are tricky, especially “stealth” grows. You really are at the mercy of nature not to mention potential theft if it is discovered.
As @Storm said, it looks healthy and honestly, I would just leave it and hope for the best.

It looks to be flowering but it is hard to tell. If you have the nutes, might as well use them.

That is completely a choice to be decided by your grow style but maybe get the basics down before getting in to all the supplements.
In the end, this is just a useful weed that can grow unattended in a ditch and still produce something.

2 Likes

Blends in nice huh. :grin: we walked past about 7 or 8 full grown plants on way to a pond. Mathis lake area. Did not see them till on way out. Walked right past.

1 Like

Here are some better pictures and you can zoom in and see more detail. I’m seeing a lot of white pistols. So does this mean it is in flower or something else. My first grow so I’m not sure what to expect or what to do next. Thanks so much to all that responded @Storm @Fieldofdreams @HMGRWN. I could really use the guidance.

2 Likes

It looks to be beginning to flower to me. Likely an auto if it’s getting summer full sun and still flowering. But smarter growers than me may prevail lol.

4 Likes

I’ve got some older , 6+ months , photos that are flowering already at just under 15 1/2 hrs light.
Couple Durban poison fem and 2 Sour Diesel’s that were crossed with an auto a couple years back More of a fast photo. The clones I took are all outside still currently vegging and will for at least another month before they flip with the sun.

Sour D nug.

Durban Poison.

So it can happen and not be an auto @Coco27
You’ve def got more there than them just showing sex. Looks like early flower to me.

Good advice. :+1:.

3 Likes

It is flowering or trying to flower but it looks a lot like going in to re-veg at the same time. Looks strange to me. @BobbyDigital @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 what do the mods see?

3 Likes

Just went check on her and she grew approximately 1/2 to 1 inch in the last 10 hours (watered today). Water her every 2-3 days. We have temps in the 90s with heat index in the 100s. Feed her every 3-4 days. Some days she does not grow but today was different. Maybe she is going from veg to flower. I’ve been scouting out her surroundings. I can move her to where she gets more sun in the afternoon. She goes into shade around 4 but sun sets around 8. Thanks @HMGRWN for calling in other growers. Could use all the help I can get.

2 Likes

@Oldguy thanks for your input. Your Durban Poison look just like what mine is doing at this time. What do I do from here? Feed like in flower? Using Foxfarm trio.Would you say this is beginning of flower? Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Yeah leaves look kinda wonky

@Coco27 I gave mine a dose of bloom nutes last feed 3 days ago. Their first.
I’m using gen hydro maxi bloom for mine. 5-15-14.
I might have been a lil early with them for the Durban but not by much.
I haven’t used the Fox Farms so not familiar with the trio.

I also lose the direct sun about 5 ish because of the trees around but it Doesn’t set till almost 9 here.

:v:

1 Like

Im guessing this is situation similar to Oldguy. You have ver mature plants dur to be started prior to season and are almost a month past summer solstice. They just transitioned a little earlier than normal due to age and are starting to flower.

3 Likes

Would this be a good way to get them to finish earlier when one doesn’t have a nice warm dry autumn?

Imo too unpredictable to plan for early harvest just because you start early.

3 Likes

I was afraid that would be the answer :smirk:

3 Likes

It could work out this way. If we are correct there’s 2 examples posted in this topic. But maturity rate can vary a lot and I have hard time suggesting things I’m not at least nearly sure of.

4 Likes