Is this amber on a few

Help im old cant tell

2 Likes

The first pic is a sugar leaf. The trichomes on these will ripen a couple of weeks ahead of the flowers. You want to take pics of the buds. The second pic has a lot of clear. Clear trichomes appear shiny like glass, cloudy will look like plastic, and amber will look, well amber lol.

3 Likes

Here is better pics i hope thank you i always have trouble when it gets about time ive had to chop 2 for start of bud rot to much rain

3 Likes

Looks like you have a few weeks to go. Too many white pistils to be checking trichomes yet.

1 Like

Thank you so much its my first try and im anxious but ill wait it out

1 Like

So its about time to try and prepair to flush in a week or so correct? This will also help me out for my indoor grow ill be learning as much as my old self can grew many years just old superstitions and unproven methodology this forums the berries really appreciate all the help have question post and get true knowledge in no time

1 Like

Personally, I don’t do the flush before harvest thing. The only time I flush is during the grow if there is a build up or excess nutrient problem.

We call that “bro-science” and there is a lot of that in here too.

Sometimes have to pick through the :ox: :poop: to find it though.
For the most part, we all mean well in here. No one will deliberately steer you wrong. :no_entry_sign: :lying_face:

4 Likes

This one, pistils are only about 25% darkened and it has been flowering 4 weeks . She should pack on more weight before it is done. I expect this has 4-5 weeks remaining as of this picture. Plan on chopping about mid-late October.

3 Likes

The last 3 to 4 weeks is like waiting on Christmas morning every morning. You got this :+1:t3:

4 Likes

What is now science was once thought to be superstition. Any technology sufficiently advanced will look as though it is magic or otherwordly.

Bro science or not, in my experience, nutrient restriction in the last two weeks will force your plant to consume its stored nutes. This begins the breakdown of chloraphyll prior to the dry stage. A healthy, not overly defoiled, plant will have enough stored nutes to last through the ripening. Doing this will give you a smoother and more robust flavored smoke earlier then standard curing alone.

2 Likes

Thank you

This cant be good

1 Like

That’s for sure. Bud rot or critters boring into the bud? In either case I would be using an appropriate spray on any outdoor plants.
This is a sad sight to see. I don’t grow outdoors because the risks don’t add up in my favor.

1 Like

You think that could be an insects doing,

Shes a beautiful work of art

1 Like