Is this a seed?

Was cutting off a really low bud site today and broke it apart and found an oval shaped green thing that looks like a small seed. My plant is 6 weeks into flower. Any idea what this is?

1 Like

That looks like a seed to me, you must have a ROOSTER :rooster: in the henhouse. A male or hermie could be a small banana hidden in a bud

male-plants-hermies-bananas-cannabis

Is that tiny thing to the bottom right the seed? Did you cut open that calyx?

Yes i broke open the calyx, the tiny thing is what came out

1 Like

Do you have other plants in the grow with it?

No just the one plant

3 Likes

I’m still following along, hell I’m starting to second guess myself on if it’s a seed I mean it is a seed but I don’t remember ever opening a calyx that wasn’t pollinated. So that could be how they look inside, just a completely undeveloped seed :thinking:

1 Like

Cool illustration:

If a flower is pollinated, the ovule becomes a single fruit, essentially a single seed, an achene. The perianth tightly clasps the seed and usually contains tannins, which give mature seeds their markings or spotted coat. Between a thumb and finger you can rub the perianth off of a seed.

So maybe the little ‘seed’ is actually just the ovule?

I’d just watch it for a little while. Honestly the whole plant still looks fine and far enough along…

2 Likes

I was thinking it had to be something like that once there were no male parts found anywhere, I mean it’s possible to bring pollen in on your clothes but pretty unlikely. Thanks @Caligurl I believe you have solved the mystery and saved @Ale 's day :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! Looking at the diagram it definitely is an ovule. What a great diagram.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. That diagram was is very detailed and spot on prefect for explaining this
situation. Bravo to @Caligurl for posting such a gem. Brilliant. Bravo. Standing ovation!

And a heap of sweat off your brow. bro. It’s not a seed.

3 Likes

Growers worse nightmare