Is this a plant problem?

Hello peeps.
So this is my first time here and first time growing hydroponically. It looks like my plant is having a calcium deficiency however I used tap water which has a lot of calcium in it. Also my ph is 6.2-6.3 and the plants drooped dramatically over night. What do y’all think?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum…That looks like Deepwater culture growing in is it?

Yes it is.

@repins12… Do you have an opinion here. These folks could use a little help. Or anyone else you might know…

That doesn’t look like calcium deficiency.

I’m not a hydro guy, but I think hydro pH needs to be lower.

1 Like

I’m doing my first grow using rockwool cubes top water and mines just exploding in my pH I’ve kept steady between 5.7 and 6.1 so you might’ve hit it on the nose

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Thanks!
Fill this out, it will help others help you. Do you have at least a 1 1/2" to 2" air gap under your net pot? My understanding is that optimal PH is around 5.9. I have only checked mine once this entire grow and that was before I broke everything down and rebuilt my system. With my little experience in hydro, still trying to get the first one under my belt, leaves drooping is usually a water level issue. What did you do or change right before this happened? Exactly what kinda system are you running? Bubble bucket, undercurrent etc. Kinda looks like a bubble bucket to me but, can’t tell for sure. I need more information

The strain is granddaddy Purple and it came from dr seeds
The method is hydroponic DWC system

• PH of water is 6.2-6.3
    PPM is 800
  • Indoor
  • Light system is LED
    Not too sure in humidity the temperature of water is 22c
    Yes to ventilation
    And not sure about C02

Also I just got home and checked them now the ph is at 5.8 and it looks like the plant leaves are not as droopy any more. And the ppm went up to 1100. But the leaves are a little concerning to me

Damaged leaves will remain damaged. Look at new growth

Oh okay. I’ll stop overthinking it, and allow the plant to grow thanks for tips :slight_smile:

5.5 roughly is what I gathered for ph levels