Is this a phosphorus deficiency

1 Like

I think phosphorus deficiency is more in the veins, I think this looks calcium deficiency to me.
Since the brown spots are between the veins,
Just my guess though, would be much better for you to fill out a support ticket.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues

@Syndrix @Aussie_autos @dbrn32 or anyone else who can help
purple punch auto- barneys
ffof/ffhf/perlite 40/40/20
distilled water no nutes yet/no runoff yet
started germ 1 month ago/popped above soil 3/13
mars hydro/spider farmer approx 246 actual watts 18/6 schedule
2×4 tent with ventilation
79f day/68-70f night
45%rh
pistils 1st appearance about 8 days ago

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info, sounds like it might be time to start adding nuets

That ffhf is good for about 4 weeks, so probably time to start adding nuets.

ffof/ffhf/perlite 40/40/20

Do you have a TDS meter?

A way to test ppm or EC?

yes but no runoff yet, i believe my next watering they will be ready to get enough to have some runoff

1 Like

That would be the best way to know if they are ready for nuets,

I would highly recommend your next watering/feed to increase and collect your run off.

Test it for ppm and pH, until you know these numbers we won’t really know what’s going on tbh

Need to know ph/ppm of what’s going in and coming out. So far just distilled going in makes the in easy,

I’ve got you set to watching so I’ll be looking for those run off numbers.

Another thing you need to be aware of in the ffhf soil you will probably end up with salt build up and will require a flush at some point like happy frog recommends.

You will know when by your run off numbers.

i thought the salt buildup was from their line of nutes, ive been using their soil and nutes but only had to flush once, this grow im only using their soil, switched to jacks nutes

1 Like

I would give some nutrients

Smart move, your right, it is generally their line that causes the build up,

So with jacks you might/probably won’t have to, but your run off numbers will ultimately decide.

I wonder if this is your preferred method of growing/watering if you would have added some cal mag to every other watering up to this point if it would have helped. Just an idea to research for next time for you.

would tht be the calnit and epsom salt

1 Like

If I remember correctly the Jack’s 321 line the part b is calcium nitrate 15.0.0 so you will be increasing your nitrate using it as a calcium addition,

Where if you also get cal mag to add to your distilled when you are doing just water/distilled feeds, it is 2.0.0 so you get mainly just calcium.

1 Like

I think these plants are plenty mature enough to water to runoff. I would do this first and take a look at ph and ppm to determine how to move forward. This could be simple ph lockout.

3 Likes

im watering to first runoff, using distilled water i dont have to ph or anything correct? also if ppm are low but ph is correct-do i go ahead and feed or wait til next watering

Correct. Distilled (and RO water) have no pH.

Please don’t feed blindly. I would check your runoff PPM before feeding. When PPM dips below 1,000 it is time to start feeding with the goal of maintaining a PPM of ~1,000. If the plant is a month old is it probably getting close to feeding time. Four to 6 weeks is generally how long nutes in bagged soil last.

1 Like

if runoff shows ppms are low- do i go ahead and feed or wait til next watering

Do your best to maintain a PPM of ~1,000. If PPM is <1,000, then go ahead and feed with your next watering.

ok my runoff shows ph is acceptable (6.2) but my ppm are still super high(2123), ive done no feedings yet and im in 40/40/20 ffof/ffhf/perlite

1 Like