Is this a pH problem?

I am just needing help to see what is wrong. I top dress these plants and is this a deficiency or a toxicity? Too much wind?

You have some stuff going on. I’m particularly interested in lighting, temps and runoff TDS. Please be as complete as possible.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

I use hlg 650 r and temp 80. Week seven veg. Humidity 40-60% it ranges

Top dress fabric pots 15 gallon
I used gypsum, basalt, langbenite, kelp meal, limestone and worm castings.

Indoor ph 5.8-6.1. Although it was off. Not sure if it still is. I think I might need a better quality meter. I haven’t tested tds. Don’t have one of those.

Growing in living soil

The main thing I see is leaves taco’ing which indicates heat or light stress. You may want to raise or turn down your lights. Temps aren’t too high.

Your leaves show the possibility of calcium magnesium deficiency but gypsum and langbeinite should provide plenty. Possibly your soil is outside ideal range and are seeing a lockout or it’s possible it’s an excess (they look similar). I would verify PH meter and slurry test your soil. You really don’t want to do runoff with living soil so runoff test is out.

I would also make sure you are not overwatering: allow plants to cycle from wet to dry.

2 Likes

What he said :point_up_2: :point_up_2:
Also, shouldn’t you be closer to 6.5 ph for a soil grow?
The Photone app is free/cheap and will give you ppfd and dli numbers with a good accuracy.
I recommend the apera ph20 meter, it’s not super expensive and has treated me well for almost 2 years

4 Likes

Not sure if I added enough of those things. I added 1/2 cup gypsum a few weeks ago and 1/4 cup Langbenite. Perhaps I need more. Also you think the lights need raised up or turned down? I have them at :100:%

What is that app for?

Plants are showing signs of light stress so yes.

Thank you. Do you think I need to add more gypsum?

It measures ppf and DLI. Makes getting your lighting perfect a breeze.

She’s in living soil so trying to find an organic means of helping.

Like I stated: an excess can look like a deficiency so back to the slurry test with a TDS meter.

2 Likes

The Photone app will let you see how much light your plants are getting. PPFD, PAR, and DLI are important to know for getting dense solid buds and good trichome production. The app is free but if you’re using led lights you’ll need to cough a couple bucks for the LED feature. I just recently started paying more attention to how much light my plants are getting. Here’s a couple good articles on how much light your plants should be getting at the different stages of growth.
If either of these links violates forum policies please feel free to remove them.

My bad. I only read a couple of the most recent posts and missed that.

1 Like

That’s why we’re all looking at it: helps to have many eyes on it. You’ve corrected me at times as well. I always appreciate your input.

2 Likes