Is this a pest issue that I need to worry about?

First time grower. I have an indoor setup, and it looks like I might have a pest. I’m on day 13 of flowering. The image below is a leaf that looks like it’s been munched on. It’s the only leaf that I found that looks like this. I looked around, but didn’t see any bugs. I decided to do a dusting with diatomaceous earth. I did a NEEM Oil treatment about 2 weeks ago. Any advice is appreciated.

1 Like

Why advice at all…

Does look like a pest problem, a big one like a grasshopper or caterpillar as those are large bites taken from the leaf. Do not use neem oil in flowering, use Capt Jacks Deadbug or Monterrey Garden insect spray, spinosad based pesticides if needed in flowering.

2 Likes

Thanks. Will NEEM Oil cause off flavors in the flower?

1 Like

Yes it can especially 2 weeks before chopping.

1 Like

Yes, it can.

I have chunks taken from leaves from time to time like what you’ve shown. I don’t know what it is but I also am not worried about it. Basement grow and there are critters down there. Keep an eye out and if that gets worse than be concerned. The amount of leaf material that gets eaten during my grows is nothing compared to what I remove during the grow.
Could also be from your dealing with the plants…moving them etc

Thanks for the input. This is also a basement grow. I’ve lined a stand-up shower that we never use with foil. I don’t have a sealed door or anything so, as you said, critters are down there. I don’t think it’s from me only because there is a full section missing between two veins and I don’t think that’s a very likely accident. I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get worse.

1 Like