Is this a herm?

Two weeks into flower on this photo. This one looks different than the other seven but still has plenty of female flowers forming. I’ve been noticing these ball like things forming but some of them have split into new leaf formation. Could they be a herm tho? How late is too late to pull it as in how long do i wait it out? Thanks for any insight.

2 Likes

I think you can go ahead and separate that one, looking awfully suspect. You’ve checked for light leak? Led from power strip or dehumidifier near that plant?

@Eagles009 thanks. I’m thinking thr same thing. If its both male and female that tends to be genetic right? They went through a stressful childhood so maybe that’s it too.

1 Like

Most likely cause imo would be light leak. Followed by some combination of other stressors / genetic predisposition.

1 Like

I’ve taped up all my stuff but the co2 monitor I think let’s a little green light through the cracks. I haven’t been in there with lights out for a while. That plant was right next to it but I just moved it. Maybe I’ll go spend a few minutes in there to see. They’ve been looking great since a week before flower but they did have a rough start and were way over due for flipping.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the rough start would have to do with it. If there was light in the tent and that plant happened to be closest to the light I think you found your culprit. I’ve tortured some plants early but got them healthy before flower. Never had any issues.

Yes sir she has grown balls, if this is a different plant than the other one you have on the other post you have a problem somewhere probably a big light leak. To have 2 plants herm in a single grow is crazy I’ve seen very few hermies but don’t remember seeing 2 in one tent

1 Like

It’s the same one as before so no new ones as of yet. I’ll keep searching and try to get out there during dark time.

More like rough life. They struggled up until flower with issue after issue but I got it worked out and they’re looking good now. Just thought all that stress caused it to herm.

Possible but I’d look into the light situation first

@Eagles009 @MeEasy the only source of light could be from my monitor, dehumidifier or mini split since the room is sealed. I taped everything up but I’ll def go out there later and see if I can see any source of light.

2 Likes

I’d suggest putting nothing inside the tent that is a light source beyond the actual light source solves any light exposure issues during darkness. My thermometer only produces light if I make it do so which I never have to or needed to since I don’t check the temps during lights out to keep light out. Stress can factor into hermies genetics generally dictate this but most seeds especially feminized ones have the higher risk of genetic hermies that are brought out due to light and stress issues. Good thing is it’ll still produce buds at this point though if it’s been with the rest of the girls it’s already pollinated them. I’d say you probably already separated it from the girls if not I’d do so if you can without hindering it. Again it’ll still produce quite a bit of bud yet it’ll seed itself and lower the thc percentage slightly and the bud to seed ratio won’t be where you want it at 100% bud 0% seed. There is a silver lining though you can use those seeds or even sell them if you know other growers. I actually sell my seeds when I get a seedy batch to other smaller growers around here.

1 Like

I have to run a dehumidifier and my mini split but my co2 monitor will go on a timer from now on. Dang it I sure hope they are all junk. I already chopped the one that was for sure herm because I have no where else to put it away from my other girls. @William04

What strain is it?

I’ve had them come up right where I topped or trimmed off a big fan leaf. Ill pluck them off and see if anymore pop up. Sometimes you can get lucky and they won’t produce anymore. Other times it’s a loss and you have to cut it bc they pop up everywhere

1 Like

Valley girl

1 Like

It’s my first grow and I got nervous so I just chopped it. I did pluck some of the balls off and they were definitely balls. My partner disagrees that light leaks could be the issue because outside its never completely dark so how do they do it outdoors? He’s very inexperienced as am I but we both have reasonable knowledge on things like this. All I know is outdoor vs indoor is very different.

That one has balls under her skirt. :pensive:

1 Like

@Eagles009 @MeEasy @Holmes @MrPeat @William04

This is what I found about the valley girl strain.

Does this mean if I didn’t do a good job of training or stressed it training it will herm? I’m pretty sure another one of mine has newly formed balls on it too. I’m going to keep a close eye on all of them and I’ll pick some off and experiment a little. I’ve got more seeds so maybe I’ll scrap this one strain and start anew. Grrr.

1 Like

I’m confused by a lot of that…who’s the breeder?

2 Likes