Is there something wrong with these plants?

Well you first need to confirm it’s an actual pollen sack. If they are photo plants would need to be on flowering schedule, then will take a little bit of time for flowers to develop enough to open and release pollen.

2 Likes

They are auto. The lighting is at 17/7 and they are full of pistils so that to me indicates the ruderalis gene correct. The seeds were bought from a unreliable source but from appearance, size, and going into pre flower without any stress makes me come to that conclusion. I’m no Elliot Ness but I’ve been soaking up a lot of information from you guys so I feel safe in that assumption.
I guess since you do not have a definitive opinion let me ask in a different way.
If these plants were in your possession with a few plants that were flowering would you keep them in the same room?

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty seems you have plenty of auto experience. Can you have a look?

2 Likes

Yep I would until it’s a for sure thing that they are male.
Just keep an eye on that one at those area you took close ups of.
The sky isn’t falling …lol
I’m happy to get a few seeds from time to time.
Unlike days of old when the plants were pollinated unrestricted and there were tons of seeds I’ve had several plants have seeds that was either planned or not planned and it wasn’t like the plant was full of them…free seeds YEA!
Demon seeds they aren’t …to me anyway
Up to you.

2 Likes

Me too: you have no signs of sexual differentiation yet. Gotta be patient.

2 Likes

i am watching one plant that came from bag seed right now. its too soon to tell with mine yet but yours scared me. my autos have little fine hairs on them and looks like little tiny buds now. my photos aren’t even close. it is freaking crazy one plant can wreck your whole grow. you dont have to stress an auto ( I think) to get it to flower. dont they have their own time frame? I read if they stress they can go hermie on you but as far as flowering they are going to do what they want not what we want.

1 Like

Does tinkering with the lights stress the plants?

3 Likes

Yes changing the light schedule can stress her out and give her boy parts.

Looking at your above pic I would wait another day or two for a pistil to poke out. I think it’s a flower not pollen sack

1 Like

I agree, I wouldn’t pull it out yet.

Ruderalis is basically the auto gene. All cannabis females have pistils, though, not just ruderalis.

You have time to determine what they are.

I understand that but I was more so referring to the fact that the pistils appeared so early in the life cycle, (4weeks from seed) and they did so under a 18/6 light cycle. So that led me to conclude that the plant is a auto flower strain as you usually have to induce flowering by manipulating the light cycle in photo plants to get them to reveal sex. The original question at hand was whether one of the plants was a hermie. I tagged you to look at the pic and offer a opinion about that

1 Like

The one is in flower and could have been a seed mix up from supplier or you? Stuff happens I would just roll with it.
Let that one grow and as said keep an eye on it.
Doesn’t mean it’s hermied mother nature can be unpredictable and surprise us.
Is not time critical at this point but as it grows it can move that way and you’ll want to remove from tent…plenty of time to observe things but the pollen pods if that happens can be overnight so stay vigilant.

I think you hit the overnight thing on the head @Skydiver. This was this morning

I studied the plant for 1hour. Literally that’s the only one the rest have pistils with the Exception of one the spot next to the pic is questionable

That hasn’t pollenated anything yet?

1 Like

That definitely looks like nannerish tendencies??

1 Like

Still isn’t screaming pollen sac to me yet but I’m still learning things…
If that’s what it is I’m not seeing any pollen on lower area of plant…are you?
Here’s the deal…it at this point can only pollinate itself as it’s the only one in there in flower correct so as some say…go f yourself…well that the only one that can be affected is the one that may or may not be pollinating
Just saying…you still have time

“Nanners” are a different look… they are usually part of the bud structure after they have been developing for awhile and look kinda like bananas …hence the term nanners. This on on the stem/branch intersection…again not giving any definitive advice just saying at this point you still have time.

Hell I let a male grow for awhile in a tent with 8 or so females just removed the sacs and eventually the branches testing out a theory on another topic…

If I cut it off and just keep watching?

If it were me …learning experience I wouldn’t cut it off just let it develop and you’ll learn from that where it goes and how fast etc etc …it’s not an end all oh crap I got pollen in the tent…plain water will remove it…
It can only fk itself right…at this time as all others still in veg…
No worries Man…Irie Maaan

irie" is often used to mean “everything is alright and fine.”

Irie Reggae, Mon! haha

You could leave it or pick it off; lots of ‘odd’ growth on these plants and it looks sorta like a bracht. Keep an eye on it?

1 Like

I see the cake…
Happy cannacake day @Myfriendis410 enjoy this day and all to come

2 Likes