Is there something i can hook my exhaust fan up to?

My grow room is in the front of the house and i want to run my exhaust fan out of the room but i cant because it would be too obvious. Is there something i can run the exhaust into to get that heat out or something? My rooms temps are getting hard to control and my tent is getting hot. I didnt know if theres a device or something i can put the exhaust into. Thanks sorry if this is dumb lmao.

1 Like

Hi :wave:
I’m a total noob , sooo I was having the same troubles with venting. My husband vented it outside for me.

Don’t know if there was an easier or better way, but this has seemed to be working out.

2 Likes

I have a HUGE bay window in the room but when i open it the temps drop but my rh skyrockets. I have two dehumidifiers running which i think is gonna help (just purchased them) but it also sketches me out opening my front bay windows with a huge grow tent visible. I should note this is a room in my above ground finished basement.

1 Like

If you have an unused chimney…

1 Like

Yea mine is in a closed carport area that doesn’t have HVAV ran to it. The heat and humidity were doing me in.
Hopefully someone with more experiencing can chime in and help ya out @Grandaddy013

Its in my basement so i do not lol. I have a bay window and one if those small basement windows. There is a vent and and return vent in the room too. I was thinking maybe i could do something with the return vent? Idk i just need to get the exhaust out of the room.

You can’t get some ducting and pipe it out the little window?

The windows at ground level so id be worried about stuff leaking in, and i cant find any adapters or similar things.

1 Like

Is there a bathroom in the basement that you can tap into the bathroom exhaust duct???

2 Likes

Just pick up one of those vents southergal showed a pic of I vent mine out a window just out a piece of foam board up eithwr paint it black or glue some cloth to it. You shouldn’t get any leaks with that type of vent and I would just silicone around the foam board so no leaks come from there

2 Likes

Do u have a freash air intake? , grab a 6 inch dryer vent with some 6 inch flex, tap in to bottom of tent. Out the small window. If you are running a exhaust fan it will pull the freash air in on its own

2 Likes

If you have a dryer downstairs you can tie into that duct work. Using a Tee you can share that vent. Also the lint from the dryer works as a natural scent masker if you need it

2 Likes

Good job. @Southerngal. Dryer vent piece of flex and also looks like it’s meant to be. I’m not a fan of sticking something out the window too obvious.

2 Likes

Hi @NewbieNick I’m not sure what kind of options you have available. In my veg room, I’m using MH and they are air cooled. My exhaust fan pulls air through the hoods, and exits through the floor. In the winter, this helps keep my pipes warm.
My flower room is on the other end of the house. I am currently installing my carbon filter and exhaust fan. I am going to run it through the wall into the living room with a register cover. This will help heat/cool the living room and kitchen area. I am fortunate that I have a 2 bedroom house that no one lives in. My point is, you have to be creative. I tried to use my exhaust to be of some kind of benefit.

3 Likes

Dryer vent @PharmerBob works like a charm. I do like to use a y instead of a tee and put it as close to the exit point before it passes through the wall as possible less restriction and also keeps odor from traveling back up the flex into to the dryer. A NATURAL

2 Likes

@kellydans you can use a back draft damper to stop it from going back thru either side.

Dryer → damper → Tee → vent out

Grow-> damper → Tee

If he had the ability I’d also say go thru the attic.

1 Like

Thanks I will look into the damper, cool creative minds working together.

2 Likes