Is there a way to make my zipper a little more quiet?

Is there a way to makey zipper less noisy ? It’s loud as hell AC infinity 4x4

1 Like

You can try Bees wax I use to use it on the zipper on my dry suit when I was a recovery diver.

6 Likes

We used to always use silicon based lubricant sprays on the plastic zippers on the Jeep top.
I believe silicone based lubes are recommended for plastic zippers.

5 Likes

These are metal but thanks.

1 Like

Use something to help protect against rust in the humid environment of a grow tent.

1 Like

Chapstick

3 Likes

buttons lmao

3 Likes

It’s definitely not rusted . I tried some white lithium grease but to no avail.

That’s the best answer yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Wd40???

@JaneQP recommended Zipper Ease a few days ago. I believe she has AC Infinity tents

https://www.amazon.com/Zipper-Ease-227-Lubricant/dp/B004YES88E/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B004YES88E&psc=1

4 Likes

KY jelly?

1 Like

My mother would rub bar soap on our zippers. :joy:

4 Likes

I just use candle wax. Dollar store has them cheap. I coat the heck out of the zipper teeth…

1 Like

The first thing my husband said when he saw my tent was to rub some wax on those zippers. I’m out of likes so :heart::heart::blush::v:

3 Likes

Silicon based spray. If plastic zippers I’d def use a silicon spray as other might start to eat away at the plastic material. Can also try Vaseline on the zipper tracks. That is another reason I went from the tent to a quick slap together room for the flowers lol opening a door is so much easier than a zipper 10p times a day lol

3 Likes

I just unzip it slow, to fast it gets caught in the fabric of the tent.

1 Like

Wear shorts or swimtrunks or boxers? J/k. I use beeswax.

2 Likes

@Storm good one. I need to try it, maybe it will it not get stuck

1 Like

Bar soap rubbed on the zipper. Used it with screws for 50 years great little lube.

1 Like