Is the fox farms nutrients good?

I checked the other day on them for a friend. the best I found trio gal size on ebay was 145 and free shipping… the trio quart size is 25 I think it was on amazon. I must of hit a real deal. Bought it last winter.

145 is a lot I think I saw them on Amazon for like 100 a while back ?
But yeah I found Walmart to be pretty decent pricing
It sold through them but shipped from a hydro shop out west somewhere if I remember correctly

1 Like

yeah I checked Walmart too they want 165 right now. 35 on the quarts … Guess you just have to keep an eye open for a deal. I think mine came from a place in Michigan. Grow Green I think it was called.

Yeah that’s what you need to do and grab it when it’s on sale
I just picked up a bunch on Walmart a couple months back paid 26 I think per quart
And 87 for the dirty dozen pack but it made up of pint bottles I don’t know any to invest in quart bottles of all the supliments if I didn’t see results upswing them
I’ll be replace each with quart bottles as I use them up
The full line works great if you follow mfg feed instructions at least in my experience
They only thing I’ve been doing differently is feeding once a week instead of twice other wise full streaghth mix and feed :+1:
Oh @Sasquatch I think i found good deals on all the stuff I ordered because it was winter time this time of year it there main $ making season

1 Like

Ive only used the Trio, this is my 2nd grow but Ive had good success so why change. maybe next year with 1 plant just to see the difference. Ive got a bottle of Cool Bloom I got by accident. may try it on 1 once they flower. its a 0-10-10

@Countryboyjvd1971 may be on to something with the winter time deals!

1 Like

@Sasquatch I can tell you for sure that the dry trio is worth the investment as well I had tricombes forming 1 week after switching to 12-12
I used just the liquid trio on my first indoor grow and was successful
But the full line seems to be worth the investment imo
If get a chance give it a go I think you’ll like what results you have I believe I will double my harvest weight on my gg plant over last grow
I can’t say as far as my ssh plants since it’s my first time with them
Sometimes change is a good thing lol
Peace bro CB

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m going to read up on them. My plants this year are almost twice the size from last year at the same age. Thicker main stock & filling in rather nicely. appreciate you opinion on them!
Later CB

2 Likes

I’m definitely likin this plant! I did try 1/4 tsp big bloom cause it’s organic and says it’s safe for seedlings and young plants, used very little, once week, 2 times. But have to start with big grow. I want my plants to be as big and healthy as they can get, like yours!! Happy growing :grimacing::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

Just saw this reply @Sasquatch no worries I was just pasing along my experience I wasn’t trying to sell you on anything lol
I will be using the ff products for the near future and beyond for sure I love them personally

1 Like

For what it’s worth (a great song) Fox Farms is all I have been using since I started growing again after a 25 year lay-off. Happy Frog or Ocean Forest are tops on my list…love their nutrients also…Big Grow and Tiger Bloom…just my 2 cents worth!.. :anchor:

2 Likes

Appreciate your reply but forgot what we were talking about? Been reading and communicating with so many people, I’m sorry but I get mixed up. I’m getting big grow today for veg and already have big bloom for flowering, is that enough? I’m starting slow like advised with 1/4, need to read directions and never spray my girls with it, learned that already! Getting another light arrives tomorrow and adjusting lights, setting up dehumidifier, just want everything perfect for my girls! Thanks so much for all your help and advice, I need it and appreciate it very much!! Happy Growing :laughing:

Nice @bonnie1 we all get lost in these threads at some point lol
I would use the trio
Big bloom use a base nute
Grow big use for veg and early flower
Tiger bloom used in flower
I recommend following direction or feeding schedule
Bonnie

But do what your comfortable with
I followed the schedule myself except only feed once a week not twice as I found my girls didn’t need second feeding one was enough
Not telling you to feed full strength just saying my experience with you

Don’t worry @bonnie1 we have all been there. In fact it happens to me most of the time after smoking some good meds! :grin:

Would I still use all three even with autos?

I appreciate that and I already used little big bloom (very little) but misted plants with it… WRONG!! Like everyone says, mj plants are very forgiving but won’t make anymore mistakes with nutes. I’m going slow… I want your advice. That schedule is hard for me to read and follow cause just not understanding it yet. But It will gel soon and come together like everything else has. I do need help from everyone and been receiving great advice and friends, even though we don’t know each other :smiley:

1 Like

Hey you know what, I haven’t had any weed for month and I really want some. I just can’t pay big bucks for crap and small amount anymore and no one dependable around here. I really need the medical mj but don’t need to eat more, lol… you’re lucky to have it. I’ve had medical history since age 16 and don’t talk much about it but really wish we had medical mj here. That’s why I’m growing now… very privately, my girls mean everything to me, nice chatting :smiley:

@bonnie1
I’m almost out myself. Down to a 1/4 Oz from a huge outdoor grow my neighbor did last summer. I could get my medical card easily here in Calif. to buy from the dispensaries, but have refused to do so. To me it just feels like another Tax they are forcing me to pay. Its the principle of the whole thing!

The info on the Fox Farms feeding schedule is very different from the info on the bottle. The bottles say alternate general feeding with heavy feeding, with heavy feeding being about twice as much. And unlike the feeding schedule, the dose for Big Bloom is substantially higher than the dose for the other two. General feeding 2 (to 3) teaspoons per gallon for GrowBig and TigerBloom. General feeding 4 TABLESPOONS for Big Bloom, and heavy feeding 1/2 cup per gallon! Translated to mL of the feeding schedule (calculating, calculating, calculating . . .) that would be:

62.5 mL per 4 Liters for general feeding
125 mL per 4 Liters for heaving feeding !!!

So just a LOT more Big Bloom when you feed from the directions on the bottles. Shows you how relatively mild Big Bloom is – you can get away with using a lot!

(The feeding schedule I have is in mL per 4 liters. @Countryboyjvd1971 See you’ve got one in teaspoons . . .)

I hear ya! I was paying someone’s rent!! I just want my own. I use to live in California years ago, my dad was in marines, we lived in Santa Ana, El Toro, not there anymore I heard. But loved California. After trump screws America and thousands of people who have that health care, Bill Maher show said California will be lucky to have their mj cause that’s all they’ll have! But some states won’t even have that! Not suppose to talk politics but it is scary, yikes…