Is the 135W HLG enough?

How does the sun get to the bottom buds?

Ummm… the sun moves through the sky.?starts on one side ends opposite it hits all sides but the intensity of the sun is much stronger then any led and can pe trate a canopy much easier

That’s not true. The difference is that sun is so far away there’s no difference in intensity from the top and bottom of even a 10’ tall plant. With artificial lighting the intensity drops with very small increases in distances. From a single point measurement its actually pretty easy to get higher than what sun reads.

2 Likes

But what I was get iij ng at unless your moving your source around like the sun your gonna suffer inside our lights mostly being fixed dont come in from the sides at some point in the light period the reflection factor is nothing like the sun coming in in the morning or evening … plants out side just get monstrous comparatively almost effortlessly …the suns perfect for the atmosphere that’s y we have life here… even tho we can produce more light intensity st the top of the canopy I dont think it gets through the canopy as much as the sun does those 6+ feet the light intensity would drop so much I’d be nothing like the sun hitting it… common bro u know what. I mean a 7 foot plant on a single 135 is gonna be a waste of time…u dont need to grow 5 feet of larf grow squat plants or scrog em spread them out let light hit the whole plant as if a plant were in the ground a a natural plant will still get light side to side top to botfom

1 Like

And if your try im ng to light up the bottom with leds it’s not the right application…hids get better penetration relatively I feel they loose there intensity ant a exponetionallly lower rate

I don’t know that I really agree with any of that. Have you grown outside? In my experience outdoor buds are usually airy and spindly compared to well setup indoor buds. Either way, I was just responding to your comment.

2 Likes

Not properly no but a few of my buds do in cali and in the valley that southern exposure to a hill side has some of the best weed I’ve ever seen …key word tho properly set up a 135 an 7 ft plant not proper application common how can u say that …its just not going to have near proper par levels that far away from the pot

So how do you light some of the sativa autos that can get quite tall and lanky? I am not talking about 7 or 8 foot plants, but we could be looking at ones getting up around 4 feet in a tall tent I would guess.

Training… make it grow flat like a table so u can maximize light exposure …tie branches to the side once they reach a certain height

Mine too.

Nothing I grew outdoors this time are anywhere near as dense as these under 400 watts of 3000k.

Pepe

2 Likes

I also grow much denser buds indoors. Part of that may be where I am (VT). Perhaps the sun is just not intense enough in the fall.

1 Like

I really have no idea what you’re talking about at this point. The op is in a tent that will likely not be much more than 5’ or so tall.

That’s what I’m talking about …what we were originally talking about hes got a 8 foot tall gorilla tent asking if a single 135 will work for [quote=“jdm61, post:8, topic:35341”]
So no dwarves allowed :wink:
[/quote]

He wants to max out the tent … that won’t do it …u disagree with everything I say but what ever I have my opinions and theorys so there logic behind my mindless rants that u point out all the time … when I say things it’s for a reason I’m not guessing … I’m not trying to look like I know nothing other then what I do and a single 135 won’t grow 7 foot awsome buds which hes under the impression it will ur gonna have a few feet of awsome buds and a whole bunch of fluff in between

Hes talking atleast 4 ft above soil 4 feet from the dirts par if any lights even getting to it is gonna be minimal how can u argue with that

1 Like

Easily. I didn’t see any mention of purchasing extensions, and he said he’s growing exclusively autos. It’s a 5’11" tent to start with. It will need exhaust, probably eat up about a foot. And a container to grow in, probably eat up another foot. Then you need some distance between the light and tops along with the couple of inches the light itself takes up.

So someone may believe they are growing to grow 4’ plants in that tent. But in real world applications, they’re not going to be very successful doing so. When you look at where the life cycle is suppose to be on autos, how many of them make it to 4’ tall indoors? Just a few here and there that seem to have recessive auto gene. Most of them flower 4-6 weeks old under 2’ tall.

2 Likes

The regular tents (not theLite line) come withthe12i nch extension so that is 6/1t o 7/11 minimum depending on the model. Ihavebeentrying to calculate how much space "lose"before you even conissder plant height tbecause I may end up using the end of one closet intially which can be “sealed off” fromtherestoftheclset and is. 2.5 x 2.5 x 8.

1 Like

Sounds like a good spot for 1 good size plant

Going to find out. I just bought a Niemi 130W RedSpec QB light. :grinning:

1 Like