Is spreading this out like this worth it? Net

That’s a great photo, I wasn’t quite groking what people meant by “using bamboo stakes” but this cleared it right up! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks @Fiz

, three foot sticks usually work good , I purchase in a pack About 12 bucks.

8 Likes

Excellent. I have to go to Lowes anyway, looks like something I should pick up while I am there.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the small tiewraps. LOL!

1 Like

people have their variations, I like the nets myself so I can adjust the branches so they will start growing the way I want it to, I got some White Widows photos down waiting for them to pop. soon as they get into veg stage time for the net,the widows can reach up to 6 feet tall. don’t think bamboo will help you if height is an issue,lol

2 Likes

Topping or fimming stops the apical growth :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@kellydans , incredible looking plant!
What’s the story on how you trained it. Topped, fimmed?

2 Likes

Ok, I didn’t make it to Lowes today. When I came home, instead of bamboo, I went ahead and used long wire staples at the mid- branch level.

I think this opened it up pretty well.

I do have one clump in the middle back that I still need to work on. I think that’s where the FIM happened.

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been using and I love them. Makes it very easy to train everyone – at least for my autos. And, I use the small staples for LSTing when they are small.

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows

I use the old style wire coat hangers and just bend and cut them.

I just need to make some extra long ones. I cut the ends at a very sharp angle…helps penetrate the soil.
These are like 8-10 inches. My 3 lb. grow bags are about that deep so they work perfectly well!

Here are 20 I made from 10 coat hangers.

3 Likes

looks great to me

1 Like

Looks good better light penetration.

1 Like

Thanks @CC_Mo I top one time After about 7 nodes. Slow down the upward growth let the side branches catch up to make a even canopy. Give the plant a little time to build some framework before I start spreading it out. A like more of a Bush plant than Christmas tree.
(Photo plants)

2 Likes

that’s pruning which will add more branches, I think I know what you’re talking about trying to get it bushier than a tree , the last plants I had did that ended up with a male & female pollinated the females & woof nothing but buds with seeds,lol,

1 Like

did that too , on my last grow, they do work, worked on mine, how do I add pictures?

Wow that looks amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@sshortguy these 2 icons down here are for (left) photo and (right) proofread

1 Like

The Herm would not have been a result of topping or fimming, typically related to stress or light leaks during dark hours :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I appreciate the response, you must be on a phone, mine is on the bottom on a desktop

1 Like

they wasn’t herms, they were seeds he crossbred himself just as I just did, thought they were feminized but were basic seeds as we have gotten back in the late 80s, never got a bag without seeds

2 Likes