Is she getting too leggy

Lowered light slightly and she is out of the dome now. What wire do I need

You need to be careful about just removing the dome. Are you using a store bought dome or what?

1 Like

Is it leaning in the direction the fan is blowing on it?..if so, turn the pot or move the fan

2 Likes

@freebud yes it is moving in that direction

@oldmarine no it was just a bottle I cut

Good question.

I also saw someone meniton turning it around 180 degrees. If I see a seedling leaning i either turn it so it bends back to the light or; Raise the light an inch or so. I have seen seedlings bend away from the intense light. This is a bit harder to judge when using LED due to the lack of hwat discharged towards the palnt.

This is why I do believe that a LST meter is important, in order to dial in lamp height. Temp gun allows you ro know the heat at the leaves. Once you dial that in, there is no debate. 80 bucks is a small price to pay for years of confidence. IMO

1 Like

Guessing that be the cause then.

More .02 from me. Chill out a little and leave it be. I know it’s not easy not stressing. But if you look at my post, you’ll see a chair in my garden. Why? cause I roll one, and sit there and look at em, I talk to them, everything to keep my hands off of them, unless they need something.

It’s a long haul from seed to harvest, and one must have patience.

5 Likes

I use old copper wire from electric. Doesn’t matter at this point and you could probably do it with a long bread wrapper type wire.

Alright. Put a few holes in the top of the dome. Without seeing it, I’d say a few slits at first will be OK. Also remove the dome for about 30 minutes a few times a day. A few days later, add some more slits and increase the undome time 15 minutes or so. Do this for a week or so.

Isn’t she “leggy” because of stretch? Stretching to reach the light? I’m sorry but this topic seems to be filled with misinformation and I’m trying to clear up any misconceptions I might have.

2 Likes

Ok so thanks everyone who is following along I have the area around her another spritz and have rotated her 90 degrees I’ll check on her later today and update you guys on any changes thank you so much @oldmarine @beardless @Mr_Wormwood @Freebud @latewood @Dexterado

2 Likes

Ok afternoon update @oldmarine @beardless @latewood @dbrn32 @Freebud @Dexterado I donno if I need to keep tagging you guys haha. Ok so she was really bent over this afternoon leafs still facing up but nearly in the soil so I decided to add some more soil around her for extra support I hope this was ok?
You can see her leaves are now almost 90degrees from the light after she was straightened but I assume that will rectify itself

Okay My two cents… I had this problem for one of my first… I read either here on ILGM or wherever that if your plants seems leggy (as mine did) and starts to lean (as mine did)… Then "Gently using you forefinger and thumb …bend the stem in opposite directions a few times and in as many places up and down you can preferably the middle of the stem…,Now I cant remember what you call it but it breaks up something in the stems fibers and this signals a need for “repairs” …and so it naturally strengthens and straightens the stem…I actually did this ( I was so skeptical @ first)… and it really works…Be firm yet gentle…The stem/plants can take more than you think…Try it!

1 Like

What does “LST” stand for?

Low stress training

1 Like

How is she looking today ?

1 Like

Happy and healthy

2 Likes

It is one thing when a seedling strethces and falls over. when you see a seedling bending circularly, it is possible that it is caused and plant is trying to move away by nature.

Not misinformation. 20 years of seeing almost all of it. As always suggested to all; Make your own choices and you will learn a lot more once you have that confidence.

1 Like

Looking better. Stem looks thicker.

1 Like

Quick update and would like to know how she is looking guys. @Freebud @NYDon @Dclark @oldmarine @dbrn32

4 Likes

Looks good to me