Is she getting too leggy

I am smiling. Please don’t take this the wrong way. Do / did you have children. We had three. It was amazing the difference between the first and the last. The third child seemed to be much more independent, able to fend for itself without the need for our intervention / help at a much earlier age than the first. I mean, it was like after the first week or two.

2 Likes

Ok my brother. IMO; Your issue is due to the fact that you planted right into FFOF. Too hot for some sprouts.

I am not judging one way or the other but, I believe you should start and get a healthy seedling with an established rootzone before transplanting into FFOF.

Always willing to discuss. if I am right; You might do well to spritz around that seedling 3-5 times a day to wash potential heat away.

One last thing; If this issue is due to hot soil; The roots may already be fried. Growing is a fiendish hobby at times.

2 Likes

I started out using peat pots to germ then into FFOF…I then did and experiment ( I think theres a blog on peat pots vs solo cup run off) and filled solo cups with peat and the when plant was in seedling stage about two weeks later transferred to FFOF.. In fabric pots.Never had problem one with "hot nutes" from FFOF. Lucky maybe ? Hmm I dunno but this is my 4th time and have had no nute burn yet so............. and as @latewood has said..Yeah Ive never started them im FFOF I agree with his way " I believe you should start and get a healthy seedling with an established root zone before transplanting into FFOF." just my experience and opinion?

2 Likes

If it make you feel any better I also planted straight into ffof and I have this today

3 Likes

@beardless haha no kids and @latewood are you saying something is wrong ?

Please do not just pull the sprout just because it is in ffof

imo there is no issue yet, any discoloration is mild at best
Your girl is green and growing…it will be fine if you just leave it be for a week or so

1 Like

@Mr_Wormwood had zero plans to pull her while she is kicking and screaming lol just sounded from @latewood something was wrong

Checked on her this morning she is growing and I think looking healthy do you guys know why she started leaning overnight? @Freebud @oldmarine @dbrn32 @Mr_Wormwood @Dexterado @AL_GREEN @latewood

She be doing the hokie pokey really slowly?

Just watch out when she go to turn herself about

2 Likes

Haha @Mr_Wormwood how I prevent that. How is she looking otherwise?

Give her a post or wire with a loop at the top to guide her upwards

And she still looks finer than frog hair

I am still of the singular camp that thinks she be leggy and needs propping up with dirt but the gen pop has spoken and she is fine and not even leggy

2 Likes

I would get a stick and stake it up, and maybe drop the light a little. Or set outside in the sun if that’s a possibility.

1 Like

They will lean if they get too tall to support weight or try to grow towards light intensity if its low. Either could be the case.

1 Like

Make yourself a Shepard’s hook and use the bend to hold up the plant. Put in the dirt on the opposite side of the lean.

3 Likes

Yeah see, that’s what I was talking about

Just be CAREFUL!!! I have big shrek hands and even TRYING to be gentle, i snapped one bending it over but i was TRYING to LST it. You just need to stake it up straight (or turn the pot 90° and let it straighten out on it’s own overnight :wink: ).

1 Like

@dbrn32 @oldmarine @Dexterado ok so I’ll turn pot around maybe first and should I increase the light?

1 Like

No, I am not saying something is wrong. IN fact, you have so many opinions here, I am backing off. Stem is strong. I think you are fine. Maybe what I was saying is; I would not start seeds of FFOF. However, and on the other hand…What do I know. Many people do. Many start seeds in a bag, or in tissue. I start mine always in rockwool. I make suggesitons and allow common sense to allow any grower to figure it out. So many ways to grow. I have never tried to put anyone in a corner as to how to grow. Just be happy growing, when you do.

Good luck and Happy growing.

4 Likes

@latewood not saying anything you said was wrong lol just my first journey so I want to take the tally of what everyone is saying and take majority rules haha please keep commenting and suggesting things really appreciate it @latewood

1 Like

Make the hook. Push it into the ground on the opposite side of the bend. It won’t take much wire in the ground (maybe a few inches). While holding the plant up straight, swing the hook around the plant. Or don’t.

Did you lower your light yet? Have you weaned it off the dome? If you haven’t, I’d do those before I crank up light intensity. Just my two cents.