Is she getting too leggy

Even better. That means the plant is not leggy. Little hint for your next grow, leave a few inches in the pot to allow for stretch. Then just fill it in. I do it all the time. Even on plants that didn’t stretch.

5 Likes

Ok great I think I have some space to do that! @oldmarine how long do you wait

1 Like

You’ve got plenty of time. Don’t worry about her right now, she’s putting down roots.

4 Likes

And is it ok if the dome causes water droplets on her leaves

Absolutely OK. Add anything else to the water or be growing under extreme lighting and you’re on your own.

1 Like

Ok great to know I am using bottled spring water Poland springs to be exact and I wiped her leaves down before because I was worried but will leave it going forward thanks for the help @oldmarine im sure there will be plenty more questions in the coming days haha

2 Likes

Haha. There will plenty of advice given to you. What you will need to do is glean what you need from all of it. Some will be great advice. Some will be bogus. Before you change anything, research the change. The plant at this stage is very picky about change. When you use the dome are there any holes in it? Maybe add one and gradually add more. Don’t shock the plant with the sudden removal of the dome. Open it up for a few hours at a time.

I don’t use domes so I don’t have that issue. I mist the plants and I have zero leaf damage from that.

5 Likes

This chart is from LumiGrow. It addresses a number of variables by growth stage. The first line addresses PPFD (umols). You can relate the recommendations to spider farmers published PPFD charts. The charts cover several heights within a given space. There are also phone apps that will help with PPFD readings.

4 Likes

@oldmarine @beardless @dbrn32 @latewood @Mr_Wormwood so I checked on her now and the leaves look discolored I don’t know if I am seeing things or not lol what you guys think

1 Like

It’s fine
Even if there is (which I can’t see) they have a tendency to grow out of that kind of thing at this early stage

1 Like

What soil do you have her in. Be specific. Like Fox Farm Happy Frog.

1 Like

@beardless FFOF

1 Like

Some consider that too hot for seedlings but I’ve got 2 who survived it just fine

So long as you are not adding nutes
They won’t need for a month or so

2 Likes

I used FF OF for quite a while. I would usually mix some of my starter mix in the area immediately around the seedling when up potting.

1 Like

Too late now haha

Let her grow. Just make sure to keep from overwatering. She shoudl do just fine. this is when I love to add some Liquid Karma. Very gentle on your babies.

http://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Liquid-Stimulant-0-1-0-1-0-5-1-Quart/dp/B000X5Y1KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462362435&sr=8-1&keywords=liquid+karma+quart?tag=greenrel-20

Even with ffof

Small fan on her to simulate wind makes for strong stems. My 02

Welcome and good luck✌️

3 Likes

Have a little fan going for temp and humidity but she is still under a dome so don’t think it will help lol when can she leave her dome?

1 Like

Sorry my bad, I don’t use domes. I grow outdoors, I do start my seedlings inside under Flo’s and I put a fan on them as soon as they sprout.

1 Like