Sounds good for now! Test it out and see how the plant responds.
I’m an idiot I think my lights were a bit bright and the dam humidity dropped to 30% cause I forgot to refill humidifier so she got a bit crispy lol @Graysin
Haha, it happens. She’ll bounce back.
My stress from first grow is gone lol I’m now just going for the ride hahaha
@Graysin how her roots looking today?
Beauty. Nice and white healthy
Looks Hangry! The new growth tip looks good.
She barely has roots out of the bottom of that hydroton and into solution, wet the hydroton a bit with your solution at her stem.
Good advice without a doubt.
I would not sweat the old leaves, new is what matters most now
As long as you’re doing the things you’re supposed to be doing she should be fine in the end
(Ph ing water, giving appropriate amounts of nutes etc)
Roots look great and new growth is healthy. Old ones will get clipped off as soon as she’s got enough that you’re comfortable cutting them.
Honestly this early on I’d have a hard time saying
Just don’t know but once you get fully past it you’ll hardly remember it
Early starvation. Usually happens when the cotyledons get used up and the nutes haven’t been fed yet. It’s an awkward transition phase I think all my plants go through. I wouldn’t stress - She’s better now.
@Graysin said don’t worry so you are golden
Is she still a seedling or should I start increasing nutes ? And is she growing well ? @Graysin
@Graysin another question I want to turn it into a rdwc so I can scrog how do I go about that. It looks like your system is one. If you want to pm me that is also fine thanks!
Following. My first attempt at growing the goodness, and my first time EVER growing something inside. I’m about at the same stage it looks like, but I went with small cups to start mine. This one is 4 days out from sprouting
It’s little sister is only 2 days old next to it. I’m using a couple of blurples, so I’m concerned with stretching as well. #1 was shooting up so I lowered lights, seemed like it helped.
I’d file her under “in veg” now. I think where you had her (800ish PPMs?) is good for now unless she starts looking hungry.
I’d say so. One thing I see is her leaves are kinda pale. Almost like she may need some more nitrogen.
My system is an RDWC but I will preface what I did was
1: maybe not the best way
2: only happened the way it did because I had 16 5gal buckets on hand and bunch of net pots designed to fit that opening exactly.
3: assembled lazily.
I think @spyonyou has a beautiful setup using rectangular totes instead of 5 gallon buckets.
But here’s how I did what I did:
Drilled holes in 5 gallon buckets all at the exact same height (I picked where the water level would never raise above 2” below my net pots).
Connected each bucket via a Uniseal fitting (bulkhead fittings but leakproof) and 2” pvc pipe
Ran a water pump through a chiller and into a large reservoir that lives outside my tent.
Drawing as follows:
The PVC elbows are because the plant in the middle of the tent is stupid huge. I had to improvise with the piping to make it work.
Edit: to clarify, I do not have a plant in the bucket that has the water pump. I didn’t want to be fishing Roots out of my pump every day.