Is she getting close to chop?

Was hoping some of the more experienced growers on here could give me their opinion if this lady is ready to be harvested or not?

You’re between a rock and a hard place, it’s likely to rot before it’s ready, hence I dub it rotty before ready. Humid conditions will exacerbate, dry conditions will hold the rotty monster at bay.

1st. sign of rot, pull the trigger!

Thanks for the reply, could you extend on the rot? Do you see signs of rot?

The suspense is killing me man! Why did you bring up the subject of rot? Am I missing something here?

I don’t see any bud rot… but could be wrong. Do you have a loupe ?

Btw she is stunning, well done

2 Likes

Where is the rot???

1 Like

That plant looks great. I don’t see any bud rot at all. Looks great but not ready yet.

1 Like

Be calm, grasshopper. Do not let whispers distract you.

Unless you are in a high humidity situation, let them grow as much as possible. btw…nice bouquet of buds. they look fine. a little heat stretching but to be expected outdoors in hot.
trichomes are the indicators to watch.
If rains are going to be part of your situation, pull plant in to stay dry, check each day…open the buds up to see. mold starts on the inside first. see mold harvest…do the best you can

2 Likes

The rot patiently looms, waiting for the opportunity to happen like a bandit waiting for the stage coach.

I didn’t say it was rotten, but that could be a matter of days, or hours if conditions ripen.

Sure, you may be mad at me now, but with this warning, I may become tomorrow’s saint!

2 Likes

The Dark Specter of Molding Doom…DOOM lurks, ever ready to moldacate at the first hint of weakness…like Vardar looming in the shadows. DOOOOOM…DOOOOOM :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

You had me terrified!

Don’t be terrified, but do be hyper vigilant. The damn bud rot comes on sneaky. It got all four of my girls in a weeks time. Sometimes one unusually withered/yellow bud leaf is the warning sign that its here…and by the time you see that, it can go off like wildfire.

Link here of my experience: Central CA coast. Heat wave + Fire = Stress = Bud Rot

Hope you don’t get any! But if you do? I’m with the other poster…cut your losses and cut her down. What was one or two small spots of rot on a 6 foot plant (which I immediately cut out; like the entire branch to err on the side of caution)…turns into 3 more branches the next day…and then a couple more…and by the time you get there, it’s almost everywhere.

So if you’re really close and see any? Go!

2 Likes

I had my first grow of WW Autos come down with rot, my fault as it was way humid in greenhouse and stale air. I just harvested 2 Gorilla Glue Autos and a third that I am not sure what it is, doing great but not ready. These time around I kept a fan blowing on them 24/7 once the started buds.

This!!!

Check multiple times each day, shake the crap out of her every morning and after every rain, no matter how light. Open the buds up, pull em apart multiple times a day…this is my battle plan!

I’m fighting rot right now on one that I don’t want to harvest for at least another 3 weeks…2 days in a row I’ve cut it out…today’s was smaller than yesterdays, but I know IT LURKS

When it gets out of hand…pull the trigger!

1 Like

*chiefweedude…Doooom, I tell you DOOOOM....in my best morbo voice.....**DOOOOOOOM mold is DOOOOOOM**

2 Likes

Hope not, doesn’t look like tho