Is purple ever a bad thing

Curious if there is ever a time when purple is bad during flowering. I ask because about 2 years ago I had one plant that had turned a deep purple(almost black) and the end result was not good with a nasty tasting finished product. Now I have a Bruce banner auto that has also turned purple. Most leaves are green and were all green before flowering. Now the sugar leaves and buds are purple. Guess I’m just curious if this is gonna taste like trash as well.

1 Like

What did the bad tasting stuff smell of. If like ammonia then it was bad or moldy possibly. Could have been genetics and just not done all the way done too much not dried right not cured right ect. Alot of factor in this stuff b
Midwest will get u a smart fella

1 Like

Nasty tasting weed is more likely an issue of proper drying and curing. Some strains will produce more purple than others, but temperature can also contribute to color. Purple is a common color for some mature cannabis plants.

2 Likes

Wasn’t a drying or curing issue because I harvest at the same time as the other ladies and all was fine with them. I’m guessing it was just genetics but I thought I also read somewhere that it could have been a pest problem that caused it. It actually started to turn back to green towards the end of flower on the top half of the plant. Guess I’ll find out in a few weeks.

I grew out a strain called Orange Barb (Tangie x Barbara Bud) a year or 2 ago and despite proper drying and curing, it was just a nasty smoke. I gave away or threw out the flower that I had. It was just one of those weird grows that sometimes happen. It tasted bad and gave a really weird high.

1 Like

1 Like

They look okay, but the coloring is interesting. Have they experienced cold temps? Colder temps can bring out colors like that.

1 Like

No I’ve been bringing them in on the colder nights. I mean I guess she has seen some 55-60 nights, but when she first started flowering I didn’t think it was a temp issue. As soon as it showed its first calayx it was purple

Oh and do you notice the few yellow spots on a couple leaves? Any ideas? They seem to be random as they are not just lower leaves and they don’t start at the tips