Is "proper" ventilation in a tent really necessary?

Hey y’all.

So in addition to the grow in my closet I got 1 plant in a tent in my basement being grown separately. It’s blowing up super quickly, I just topped it last night. Here are before and after pics:

(It’s the one of the left. I got rid of the one on the right because I just wanted one for my light to handle)

Just topped it last night, here it is.

So here’s my main question. My setup is just one oscillating fan blowing on the leaves, a dehumidifier right next to it and my light is the Spiderfarmer SF 1000. I have the grow tent holes open for new airflow.

My question is, is this gonna be enough ventilation for the entire grow? I mean so far it’s growing insanely well so I’m just wondering if I should keep things as is or if I should start adding inline fans and such. I grow in a basement and in a cold climate so I’m afraid with the extra ventilation it might get too cold and might not be necessary.

Thanks in advance! Also it’s my first grow :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I recommend an exhaust fan for air exchange in addition to your air circulation.

7 Likes

I definitely recommend exhaust fan mounted in the top to pull the hot stale air out the top with a pass through hole open at the bottom to pull fresh air in. Adjust the speed on your exhaust fan to maintain negative pressure inside tent will also control odor. Also good practice to have circulating fans one or two. I personally Run 2 this will cut your odds down on mold and mildew big time.

4 Likes

Agree with the others. The more airflow, then better.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! On my way to the hydro store now. Gonna pick up 2 exhaust fans, a carbon filter and some ducting. Anything else I need?

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan personally I like to exhaust outside. You should only need one exhaust fan. The circulating fans 6 inch the clip-on ones I use two of those they’re pretty cheap you can get them about anywhere.

2 Likes

I can’t do that since Im in a basement hahah all good I’ll just exhaust outside the tent

1 Like

I tied into the dryer vent in the basement which exhausts outside. You can do that just keep an eye out an make sure your humidity and temperature don’t get out of whack because you’ll be pulling the hot stale air right back in the tent.

2 Likes

you can get a thermostat control from amazon to put on the exhaust fan so if cuts off if it gets to cold in the room

2 Likes

So I got the AC Infinity 6" inline fan yesterday along with a carbon filter. Well unfortunately the carbon filter is WAY too big for my tent, it’s 6" x 24" and the thing I wish I knew before I bought was that 4" fans and filters are for smaller tents and 6" is for huge tents because all of the 6" carbon filters I’m trying to find are no smaller than 18" in length which is still too big. Wish I got a 4" fan and a 4" filter but I can’t return anything I bought, so can someone recommend me a 6" carbon filter that isn’t gigantic and something I can fit in my tent?

1 Like

I’m far from an expert, but I do know that if your filter is too big it can be placed outside the tent

3 Likes

It’s all good, I just found out that the AC Infinity one is only 16" in length so I just got that. I’m just mad that the guy in the hydro store sold me one that was 24" when I’m literally only growing one plant but I guess that’s my fault for not checking.

1 Like

@The_Tank_2000 okay this is my thoughts you can mount the filter inside the tent and mount the fan on the outside of the tent and run a piece of flex between the two if that will help you.

1 Like

I tried mounting it but there’s no space and it’s impossible to hang, so for half the lighting day yesterday I had the filter on the floor standing up with the incline fan attached to it and then ducting going outside the tent but I heard you’re not supposed to lay the filter on the floor and it’s harmful for the plant so I just took it out and stuck the inline fan in the top tent hole. When I get the new carbon filter it should be small enough so I’ll mount it and attach the inline fan and run some ducting through the tent holes like before, only this time the filter will be mounted. But for now I just added the inline fan for exhaust purposes.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan . Good luck

1 Like

Thanks! And thanks for the help

1 Like

Are you spraying the plants with anything ? I’m seeing a lot of white “stuff” on the leaves

2 Likes

yup, neem oil. Twice a week. Gives the leaves little white spots sometimes and I just did a spraying 2 days ago. I always spray right when night cycle starts.

1 Like

idk why I said twice a week I meant once every 2 weeks hahahahahahahahahahah oooohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

waaaaahahahahahaha