Is powdery mildew a show stopper?

Iv read numerous articles on Powdery mildew. Iv had some issues outdoors in the past. Indoors however is a new terain. Is it true once your garden shows signs of PM the crop is compromised?

You can treat for it

1 Like

Welcome indoors to head off powdery mildew. Keep exhaust fan running 24/7 keep air moving. Good luck with your indoor grow.

Right, I guess my question is contamination. If my garden becomes infested with PM. Will all future grows then become infected or if I clean thoroughly will I be okay?

1 Like

You can kill it. I think the biggest issue would be getting your environment to the point where it doesn’t thrive.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, powdery mildew is not permanent in your grow area. You can improve ventilation, keep RH and temperature in hostile territory for it and sterilize with 2 percent bleach solution periodically. Also, clean the dhit out of your pots and such before you plant.

I live in a very humid place and I’ve never had a problem with PM. I have 2 fans for circulation…plus I have a window ac blowing into my wide open tent. I make sure to not over water as this is a way mold and mildew can start to form.