Is my zkittlez auto small for 23 days?

What size pot u transferred too? thinking of a sea of green set up for white widow auto next. I have a few five gallon pots but the two i have in this tent takes the room… if i can manage 2oz a plant that would be great…

I seen alot of people swear by the 24hr for auto… i heard 3 or 2 days of darkness before harvest boosts tricome production.

I transferred to a 1 gallon from the Dixie cup, and she was root bound in less then 2 weeks, I’ll tag you in my journal so you can see the whole grow. The final pot was a 3.5 gallon air pot.

Cool imma check it out. My next grow will be 1 gallon pots white widow.

Sure, lots of people don’t understand what plants do at night and why it’s important.

3 Likes

I figured since i saw mixed reviews i’d mix it up. 24hr light during veg and now give her about 6hrs darkness daily during flower. and 2-3 days darkness before harvest. Ive read that helps trichome production.

As Hellraiser mentioned 20/4 should be the max you run, do this the first two weeks with any plant but then autos after this can be done until harvest.

To your dark period question 48hr of darkness is is what you want to do. Light degrades tricombs and plants can still use stored energy so that’s the reasoning there and lab reports to prove it you can search here I posted a thread on it.
Leaving longer will work against you through

1 Like

@Hellraiser can you answer this question for @Howsmygrow I do not even come close to having an answer for this, don’t know enough about it.

2 Likes

What’s the question? How many plants?

I was going to use 2 lights for the frow totaling 460 watts together but i also used a 115 watt light as well… would the extra 115 watt make any difference in yield or is it not necessary.??

1 Like

What is the frow?

1 Like

Regardless Wattage alone cannot be the factor to decide there are many variables.
The efficiency of the chips and the driver, the coverage of light given vs how much space the plant covers.

DLI is what you want to use to be able to tell.

Good quality light can grow a plant on 125w but 240w would be ideal.

Anything above that is fine if you don’t have top of the line lights, heck if we are talking amazon Wattage then you might need 20,000w lol

3 Likes

With the 3.5 gallon pots I water every cple days at first now it’s water one day feed the next and then wait a day, do it all again. In a 1 gal pot you will for sure be watering every single day possibly multi-or times a day. It’s all about what you wanna do. Think Hellraiser did a Dixie cup grow that was crazy! To be honest though, I wouldn’t do under a 3.5 gallon pot. It will be far more work from seed then it would be worth. 1 gallon of soil is not a lot. I only put Ivy in a one gallon because I started out with a 2.3 ft s 2.3ft tent. Planted 5 seeds cuz I figured one wouldn’t sprout, and then didn’t have the heart to through her out. Then I bought a whole 2nd setup so I had room for her to have a proper pot.

1 Like

I read somewhere that if your bud sites are even its better for bud growth. Should i be trying to maintain a even canopy or it doesnt matter much?

1 Like

There are lots of ways to train your plant. The most common for auto is called LsT. Usually somewhere after the 2nd week in veg you begin to bend and tie your plant to develop a canopy. There is more to it then that but you will need to do some research. It’s always good to plan ahead. Look in the Bergman guides under lst and plant training.

Did another defoliation. Should this be the last defoliation or i may need another before harvest?

2 Likes

2 Likes

No that should be the last time. You may notice a few as you go that are blocking light and remove them. Aside from that, likely not again.

Cool thanks

1 Like

Looks like a good lollipop.