Is my zkittlez auto small for 23 days?

The branch had been snapped for a few days before i noticed so its still now. If i put pressure to push it back in place it will snap for surenon the other end…

Lady Luck blasts you with grace! Keep an eye on the spot. If it starts lookin funky or if discoloration begins to spread up the stem from the damaged spot you may have to cull her.

There is a spot where it broke, I mended it, thought it was healed and it wasn’t so it broke more when I attempted to retrain it. I took it the rest of the way off and all the others got fatter. Made the sting of loosing a whole branch, more like a poke instead of a sting.

1 Like

Ok got it… i’ll pay attention. Stretched on her own and is 13 inches away from the light. Should i put more inches between them now or wait? Is bud growth as promiment as leaf growth in 30 days… according to ILGM this strain takes 75 days. But i see people say they let it go to 90…

This how it looks today

1 Like

75 days from germination or 8 weeks flower? I was confused by this at first. Check it out

ILGM lists seeds by weeks flowering. This means that once the plant has fully transitioned to flower it will take 8 weeks to finish.
Here from seedsman

They list theirs from germination, so this Bloody Skunk strain (can’t wait till it gets here) is listed as 8 weeks from germination or sprout.
This means 8 weeks from seed to harvest. (I think) reading it seems like it means they will flower 8 weeks after planted.
That being said, these timeframes are at best an estimate. To have it be exact would require that your grow environment and technique are identical to that of the breeder, down to the frequency and concentration and timing of feeds and waters. The only true way to tell when a plant is done is with trichomes.

You will want a jewelers loop with x60 magnification or a usb microscope of some kind. There are lotsa slide over lenses for phone cameras and such that will do the trick also. I heard tell there are apps that can do this without addtl gear but I have not looked into it.
Light distance is a tuff one, obviously not all lights are the same.
Most often I see 12-18 inches as the standard for vegging and flower (during flower this is important to watch because light intensity is crucial at that time) your plant will give you cues though. During veg if the nodes seem far apart, couple inches or so, your light is too far away. If your nodes are closer together almost stacked on top of one another then your light is close enough. She will grow up and out if light is right, and just up if it’s too far. If she is as skinny as olive oil from the popeye cartoons then your light is too far away.
Example of good node spacing:

Hope that helps.
Also this vid shows how to ID light stress.

1 Like

Cool thanks. Ill keep you posted.

Please do.

Wanting to see how these turn out. I also have zkittle. I didn’t know the week time posted for ilgm was flowering weeks.

1 Like

43 days from sprout taller plant, 36 days for the other so far. Just watered with a gallon of water each. Should i be watering more they are in 5 gallon fabric pots? A saw a few people say they use duct tape to wrap up broken stems. Is this how a stacked cola starts out? Is the spacing or nodes how they should be? It just looks to me like it will be not as big as a main cola should be? Maybe just my lack of knowledge of how these plants grow. Ordered a mini Ac fan that u put cold water and ice in to put in tent to help with temp should be here today. … i have to use the ac in the room to achieve 75-80… been keeping the lights on 24hr. I was going to use 2 lights for the frow totaling 460 watts together but i also used a 115 watt light as well… would the extra 115 watt make any difference in yield or is it not necessary.??

Auto or photo period?

1 Like

You will want to water till 10% runoff. There are a lot can change how much a pot can hold as far as water, based on soil makeup. That being said in my 3.5 gallons anything more then 1/2 a gallon and it pours out the bottom like a river. Next time your pot is dry, pour in a quart at a time until it starts to come out the bottom. 10% of a gallon is 1.5 cups of water to give you an idea.

I’ve read and seen that as well. The glue on the back of duct tape is a petro chemical. It all depends on you. I left mine exposed. No problems yet but that doesn’t mean it’s the right way.

You have a good looken plant there. I’m not sure what you are wanting it to look like at this point in the grow. You have some where around 40 days left of growing time, it’s gonna get a lot bigger.

There is only one way to release the stress of not knowing, keep reading the guides and peoples grow journals. Not just the big buds in the pics either, read through the difficulties and the solutions so when stuff pops up for you, you will already have an idea where to look.

Your flowering plant needs to sleep. Even vegging plants can use a break. If humans don’t sleep we go crazy, it’s true, there are processes that our brains only do when we sleep, those processes keep us sane. I read resin production happens in the dark.
That being said I don’t know enough about lights to answer if the extra light will help. Nor am I sure who to tag so either @Myfriendis410 maybe can answer, or tag in the right character.

You are doin awesome here, try not to weigh your buds till the harvest is over :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a zkittlez auto

1 Like

Ok cool thanks. That older plant started out rough… started in a butter jug and when i went to pick it up the plastic cracked and the plant fell out landed wrong side up and i planted it in the 5 gallon pot and seemed stunted for almost a week and temps were high on many occasions… then wasnt sure if i defoliated too much… The younger plant looks more robust and seems to have more bud sites each branch. But thanks for letting me know its looks fine…

1 Like

You got this! you will likely see an answer about your lights by this afternoon.

Ok thanks

Just in case let’s try @MidwestGuy @Hellraiser @Nicky smore super well versed growers who can answer ANY questions I’ve seen asked of them yet. You kinda can’t help but hit a pro if you throw a stick in the air around here.

1 Like

Ivy started in a Dixie cup. I knocked her cup over at least 5 times, completely dumping her seedling out of the cup 3 times. Then I transferred her once before sex showed and then again during flower. She gives 2 oz’s in case you were wondering. Don’t sweat the mistakes. They are VERY resilient.

1 Like

Not a good idea, plants do better with a daily rest period, there are beneficial things that only happen during the dark cycle that you’re not allowing with 24/0. Best to go 18/6 or at least 20/4, give those poor girls some sleep.

4 Likes

Wow. Ok…

Cool thanks. I gave her about 4 hrs last night…