Is my white widow really small? And transplant issues

First up, my White Widow was germinated 3 weeks ago. My other 2 plants were germinated a week later, but are already much bigger. I know strains are different, but she seems so tiny in comparison, especially being a week older than the other two. I thought maybe the netting of the jiffy pellet was stopping her from growing to full size?

My other issue is that I had to emergency transplant the BubbleGum and AK-47 today as their roots where hanging out the bottom of their starter pots. In the process, a few of these roots broke off. Should I be worried? I put them into fresh coco and gave a good watering. Images below.

I was going to start nutrients within the next couple of days, but not sure now since these pair lost a couple of roots.

The white widow just looks like node spacing is really tight depending on your lighting could be the cause of that as far as the roots breaking goes I wouldn’t worry to much about them as long as it wasn’t the tap root. As far as nutrients goes I’ve always been told to wait until the rounded set of leaves start to die. But great looking plants so far

1 Like

Roots are recovering. Use rapid rooters not peat pellets. In coco you are going to want to start 1/4 nutes soon. Should have added a little perlite

4 Likes

And one big sigh of relief from me, thanks! :slight_smile:

You think the light is too close for the WW? The other two were stretching a bit so I moved it closer for their sake.

Its maybe a little small. Roots probably taking a while to expand in larger pot

1 Like

@terids
These are my 3 WW ladies at 15 days. I started 1/4 nutes (AN ph perfect coco) 3 days ago . Your ladies look a bit light green. I would give them a light feeding

I wouldn’t be feeding them yet @Watt-Sun look way to young

2 Likes

I’ve always had good luck with giving nutes at about the 2-3 week mark in coco. I usually wait till they start showing pale green and give them around 150ppm. I used RO water so it doesn’t give them anything to work with .

1 Like

My WW was showing a few brown spots starting to appear on the lower leaves this morning. decided to start her on nutes, she’s been in the coco for over a week. I figure that’s calcium deficiency? I started a light nutrient mix anyway, don’t think it will do her any harm :slight_smile:

@Watt-Sun Any reason you put stones on top of your coco?

1 Like

I mix my coco 50/50 coco & perlite. It helps with drainage and keeps the coco from compacting.

1 Like

Something I should have done I think ^^ Oh that’s what HornHead was talking about!

1 Like

I did a lot of reading after I chose coco and that was one of the recommendations. Although with a good quality coco you don’t need the perlite but I went that route anyway

2 Likes