Is my plant ok?

Hi everyone!

I’m hoping you can help me. My gorilla glue auto is 11 days old and she’s in FFOF soil which was flushed prior to planting. She’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot and lives in my spare bathroom. Temp is 78/80F and humidity is 60-70%. She’s under 300 watt LEDs, on med/low setting (18/6) and light placement is about 10” from plant. I’ve been spraying her with PH water since sprout. I’ve got 2 fans and a bathroom exhaust fan running 24/7.

My concern is that her leaves (pic attached) are not 100% green. I’m not sure if it’s normal, a sign of stress or nutrition related. Does she look ok? If not what should I do? This is my first grow so any advice is appreciated!

I’m also wondering if I should start nutes at a low dose or continue with water only. I know FFOF is supposed to feed for a while but because I flushed prior to planting (to avoid burn) maybe I washed away the nutrients? I’ll be using Fox Farm Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. I also have a cal mag. I’m extremely anxious about the watering and feeding process because it can kill my plants if done incorrectly. The entire process seems complicated and I’m no Chemistry genius. Any tips on this is also APPRECIATED!

Thank you :two_hearts:
CJ

3 Likes

The FFOF didn’t need flushing and yes you probably flushed some good nutes, fungi and bacteria away. No problem though, do you have a TDS pen to measure the PPMs and a PH pen? I’m assuming that’s 11 days above ground? If so I would place a dome over them, a clear solo cup works well. They’re still in the seedling stage for a few more days and will absorb the moisture through their leaves that’s inside the cup. I would also make sure to go about 1/4 strength on the FF trio and flush every 30 days. They’re looking great, nice job :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Ohh, thank you for the quick reply! I read somewhere that I should flush prior to planting if using FFOF :disappointed: I should have researched it more. Dang! At least they’re not dead!

You’re correct, 11 days above soil. I will place clear cup over her, thank you for the tip!

I do have a PH pen and a TDS pen but I’m not sure how to use them. I’ve read the instructions but I’m extremely intimidated by them. I guess I need to pull my panties up and do it if I want my girl to live! So, you think I should start giving nutes at 1/4 strength? Should I give all 3 or just one one of them? Also, should I spray her with cal mag or hold off a bit? Sorry for all the questions but this is my very first grow.

Peace!

CJ

1 Like

It’s not going to hurt to have flushed. Personally. At that stage I wouldn’t done but that’s just me

1 Like

Also they won’t need nutes for a while. Wait until TDS of runoff is under 800 or so

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

1 Like

Anytime. I use FF also. I water to runoff every time so I don’t need to flush unless I see a problem. Feel free to tag me anytime

2 Likes

Aww thank you! I’ll definitely be tagging you in the future! Quick question… I’ve been watering with a spray bottle, is it time to do a full water? If so, do you recommend I do that two or three times a week?

1 Like

You can water but maybe a 5 or 6 tablespoons and water in a circle that is a tad wider than the leaves so the roots will reach for the water. It won’t be long before they will need a little more water

3 Likes

I grow in Happy Frog. Not as hot a soil for young plants. Overall they look happy to me. I have 2 Grape Apes photos at 16 days old and had some discoloration at the start but look great now. Good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

Personally I only mist seedlings and clones. As far as feeding nutrients @Caligurl mentioned 800 and that’s my magic number as well. Checking the TDS or PPMS can be a little intimidating until you try and see it’s not that difficult. You can do a few practice runs with some of the FFOF soil. Fill a container and water to run off, catch a sample after a little runs out. Test that using the 500 scale and check the PH. Straight out of the bag I would assume you’ll see numbers around 800-1000. There’s also a slurry test and I do this sometimes when I get a medium that’s amended like the fox farm mediums. Take equal parts of soil and distilled water. A 1/4 cup of each will work, stir that up and let it rest for 24 hours. Stir it one last time and strain it through a coffee filter and test the solution :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I guess I should have clarified. I use FF Light Warrior soil for seedlings. Then for their forever home, I use Recipe 420 soil from Humboldt. I use FF Trio nutrients. The only other FF I use would be Bushmster but I didn’t need to use it to flush my plants at a l last year (I was fortunate not to experience any soil ph problems), I really attribute that to backing off of the nutrient schedule (from FF), and adding Recharge, Boogie Brown insect frass, CalMag and Espsom salts. I think it was that magic combo that kept the ph good (along with watering until runoff amost every single time except when I was too busy).

Also, on my outdoor plants, believe it or not, I only used Recipe 420 dry nutrients, Cal Mag, Epsom and Recharge. Super easy so I’m thinking of trying them this year (if my FF Trio runs out)

1 Like