Is my Northern Lights ready to harvest?

ILGM seed. Autoflower. Day 71.

I usually use a magnifier to check trichomes and harvest at first signs of amber. This girl is taking forever. I swear I see red trichomes very early. Not Amber. But they are confusing me at this stage. Is she over due? Or not ready yet. I feel like some of the trichs still look glassy.

2 Likes

Idk if this photo is any better. It’s under the LEDs.

2 Likes

Really hard to tell from the pictures, maybe take a close up with the flash on lights off.

2 Likes

Judging by the look on the cats face, I would say another week or two.

6 Likes

Lol excellent.

1 Like

I grow a lot of northern lights. Always have at least one growing.
My experience is that NL is slow to mature. Once all the pistils turn brown like your have done you are close. But if you look at the trichomes you will see probably about 50/50 clear cloudy. Wait a week and check again. Mine have hardly ever turned amber. Others may have different results but thats what happens here.

4 Likes

I just harvested two plants myself that I was thinking were a little too early. I needed room in the tent for a couple others to finish.

1 Like

BTW welcome to the forum.
Lots of good folks here.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yah i know how you feel i love growing but when it comes close to harvest it drives me crazy cause when u think its done more white pistols come i have so much problem with this part

1 Like

Gorgeous girls looking amazing

1 Like

2 Likes

This was about 5 days before harvest.

I’m starting to see some amber in the bud trichomes finally. Glad I waited. Any day now.

2 Likes

She’s still growing lol. Much new growth on buds top to bottom of plant and only select few amber trichomes. Letting her do her thing.

1 Like

you sound like who I want to ask a question. I got some NL given to me last year. grew some awesome buds, never grew my own before, started under LED indoors then transplanted in back yard at about 6 inches tall. grew to about 4-5 feet before the little tri’s turned the right color. occasionally the buds have 1-3 seeds at base. My question to you is, are these autoflower, or feminized, My friend died of cancer and his wife has no Idea. I want to grow more. please, this is great weed for me. did I grow auto, or fem. thank you

1 Like

I’m not an expert but I think you can tell by if the plant starts autoflowering around 21 days without changing your light cycle

Hard to say really. How long did it grow before it started to make flowers?
What point in the year was it finished? Was it like July or October?
If you want smaller plants you want Autos.
If you want Big and Bushy the you want Photo Period, and in the ground they can get quite large.
If its the effect you are looking for Either Auto or Photo will work as the effects will be similar. There may be variations in effects even from seeds from the same plant. They are normally minor.

1 Like

Ugh. I haven’t harvested yet. She still only has a few amber trichs and seems to be stacking in areas. Don’t seem like foxtailing but maybe I’m wrong. I’m going to cut her down. I’m curious what an overdone auto looks like?!