Is my light enough?

Wow so got my first electric bill, it’s costing me $60 a month to run everything. That freakn sux when I upgrade to LEDs it will be way cheaper right? I don’t get it cuz at first I had 2 burples model 1200w I think they were only like 60-80 true watts so they were no good I sent em back cuz too low need ? true watts to grow 4x4 so if I had a true1000w LED wouldn’t it cost the same to run? LEDs are crazy expensive like $1 a watt so probably won’t be upgraded anytime soon I’m stuck with what I got I’m just asking if/when.

I’d love to have a 60 $ month for my grow. :joy:
Try closer to 450$/ monthly when I’m in flower.
:wink:
:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

@HMGRWN I’m sitting here with the scissors like idk what to cut I don’t want to fuk this up. I’m going to start with the ones you suggested now. Believe it or not I do have some tied down already just 3 on each plant. I chopped some big fan leaves few days ago then stopped cuz I’m nervous.

1 Like

Understandable. Believe me though they “bounce” better than even real kids. Meaning you could “scalp” that plant and next week you would not even know it. I have seen growers skin a plant like yours 'til there is only little wisps of veg left at the very tips. Personally, I like a nice trim patch better than Brazilian Waxed…So to speak.

2 Likes

This belongs to @TheVirginian and it is a photo period plant that is being “reveged”. Definitely not the same as trimming an auto but just to show how much they can take.

I noticed it was a little lop-sided. LOL

2 Likes

BONSAI VIRGINIANSON!!! it was leaning because it was trained to lean over like Amy (Albert, grrr) Lee was at that angle which sent all the lower growth upwards at about same height/rate

♪diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin’ the scene with the gangsta leeeaaaAAAN♫

2 Likes

Referring to @iDontKnowGrow plant in question. I suggested some LST along with a trim.
Oh and did I mention how sweet those buds look as well.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN i cut a few leaves off my scissors are horrible so i just started snapping them off some easier then others. Heres a few pics if you can see them im on my old phone rn so orange pics

I did my best i had to stop myself from cutting more.

1 Like

Other than the weird coloration, looks decent. I think I see more tops exposed!

1 Like

@iDontKnowGrow you’d be hard pressed to remove enough to really hurt. I actually just half-harvested my Lemon Tree plant and left her half-chopped. That was yesterday AM.

Today she looks like this:

4 Likes

I just gave my little runty one a trim. She is not as compact nor as far in to flower as yours.
Before…

After

Another angle. Before

After.

What I took off.

Top view. Not trimmed but looks about the same from this angle…

2 Likes

I plucked a bunch of fan leaves

3 Likes

Those taller buds look like they will be HAWGS!

1 Like

@Graysin @HMGRWN do you think I waited too long pruning and tying down for me to get a decent yield? I feel like it’s already almost over growing these ones they don’t do too much growing it seems I’ll only have like 3-4 big buds on each plant.

The big fat dense buds are where all the weight comes from. They’re looking good and honestly the only thing you could have done different is probably a FIM earlier on or other training. Since the flowering snuck up on you this time you weren’t prepared. I think you’ll do better next grow for sure.

1 Like

There is a lot of bud stretch ahead I believe.

I lost this girl during an extended rainy stretch because it showed signs of herm, was banished to outdoors, got mold, blah blah… but she only had 4 tops going too. Would have given up 2 oz or more I am sure.

3 Likes

Got my LST clips I’m loving them so far, they came with 2 extra clips a bonus mini kief scraper/scooper and sticker of shop logo pretty dope. Found these on Etsy

2 Likes

I have a bunch of little branches I can’t tie down under canopy. Ik I need more light underneath canopy. I don’t want to stunt her anymore then I have. I’m just going to leave it. I want this grow done with so I can use what iv learned since I started. Grow # 2 is going to be epic lmao at least for me it will be. I just sprayed my girls with cal carb I didn’t use much just quick spray underneath the leaves. I used sparingly I never used it before and it says will leave healthy white residue behind. Does anyone have experience with this Xtreme gardening cal carb? Can I use it generously or keep using it sparingly? :v::crazy_face::metal:

2 Likes

Maybe @yoshi does? He uses their Mykos but I’m not sure if he used the full lineup or just that.

1 Like

Thnx Graysin you just got the sample too right? The tea is amazing I could really tell a difference the next day they looked real happy. I just used the cal carb but very little the rest of the sample I’m saving for next grow plus I have lotus sample coming. I have some super strong nutes laying around made by Scotts, everyone said it’s junk though. I just watched a video on YT and it was saying Scott’s is like the Mcy Ds of gardening world. Said they buy up companies the list was huge. Few of them they sell in the jungle (Amazon)

1 Like