Is my LED suitable for the entire cycle

Stilling learning the ropes. Need some advice on my lighting. 32"x32"x63" tent. 3 to 4 ladies barring any males. If not please, any suggestions on improvement would help.

Uh no not really your space is more like 1 to 2 plants and would probably need at least 2 of those to be close in terms of lights.

1 Like

Amazon burples will get you to harvest but you more than likely won’t yield much from that light. @dbrn32 is the light guru let him guide you.:+1::v:

2 Likes

Since db got tagged I’ll let him handle this. But think a small plant uses a 24 x24 space a large plant can use much more just an idea.

Sorry does anyone know how to make a post or thread

2 Likes

There that reply button

1 Like

On the main forum page you should see a large “+” for creating a new topic.

Welcome to the forum, you will get the hang of it very quickly.

2 Likes

What are you hoping to end up with in dry weight? Also, could you post the Amazon link to light above? I don’t think it’s a 600 watt with only 60 leds. If it is, you probably don’t want it.

1 Like

dbrn32 is the guru so go with whatever he suggests but I have done a bit of product testing of the cheaper burples so here are my thoughts. I doubt the spec’s on that light, as dbrn32 points out it will be nowhere near 600w at that size so what else are they misleading you about? Also I can’t see any lux reading but the umol is not adaquate. Contrary to most manufacturers claims, leds need to be kept a min 12 inches from the canopy preferably 18 inches. You need minimum 1200umol at 12 inches to get a decent result. I also agree with Skorpion, 2 plant would probably be better but it depends on how you intend to grow and also your plants. Can I suggest starting out with fem seeds so you don’t have to worry about males. I can’t see a price for that light and don’t know exactly what you’re budget is but I think it will disapoint you. If you are on a budget the only cheap led I have found that delivers a result is the bestva 2000.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NJ6L3P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

That is unbelievably cheap, the cheapest I have found bestvas is about $270 Australian dollars. If you read the highly contradictory specs they recommend a minimum of 18 inch above the canopy for flower and there own specs state an output of 187 umol at that height. That is just about useless. I can’t see how it could work.

That is the feedback I am in desperate need of. @dbrn32 i do not have a target yield, just hoping for success the 1st time around.

You DO NOT want that light!! Talk to dbrn32! Lot’s of options…more than $60 but well worth it!

1 Like

Holmes is right, talk to dbrn32, I have the added disadvantage of being in remote northern Australia so limited access to the products and knowledge dbrn32 has. Good luck with it, spend a bit more on the light and as long as your plants genetics are good you will succeed.

1 Like

@dbrn32 , sorry know your time is valuable. Several ppl have advised me to reach out to you in regards to light recommendations for my area. :sunglasses: :nerd_face:
Thanks

A qb 260 kit is pretty popular option in your space. You pretty don’t need to run at full power to get good results, but better option than not having enough light.

1 Like

Thanks. Will :face_with_monocle: into it immediately.

2 Likes

I have a quick question. I upgraded my lighting after tour guidance. An proud to say I am in week 6 of flower. I am currently running a 1000w LED & 600w plurple. My question is what is recommended ded for light distance of my system? I am noticing some bleaching in lower fan leaves, an not certain if its from the lighting. Or just the plant using up the fan this late in flower. The light is currently 10" from the tallest bloom

If the lights where causing it, it would be the top of plants bleaching. Looks light on N or could be not enough light. What is your watering schedule and amount?

Every 2 to 3 days depending on the soil dryness. An I normally use a lil over a gallon to get runoff. It just started after switching the nutes from grow to bloom fully.