Is my LED light good? Pls help!

Building is really easy @bob31. My suggestion is to start with something small. Maybe if you have a small cabinet grow, or if you want to add some side lighting. There are plenty of forum posts and YouTube videos that can walk you through every aspect. From sourcing your parts, sizing your components, to making the electrical connections. Obviously, the more knowledge and skills you have, the easier it will be. But no matter how much research you do, you’ll pick up a few things as you go through a build. Best not to learn the hard way on a big project.

I plan to try some similar 20 watt spotlights as supplemental lighting on aerogarden grow in the future. To much going on right now give it an honest run and document along the way. I’ve made it as far as verifying they pull 19-20 watts from the wall, they can run a full cycle without getting hot, and they seem to put off the best light with lens and reflector removed. They are rated at 1600 lumens, so I’d be way short on the old school lumen theory. But I’m pretty sure they produce enough par to get the job done. I have an aerogarden ultra led with 30 watt hood that pulls about half an amp with pump running. My goal is to make an efficiency run. I think I can pull 2 zips from the lights if I don’t run into issues with choking off the roots. I’m still waiting for a particular fan to become available, but the entire grow would draw less power than a 150 watt light bulb and cost less than $500. The $ isn’t really hard to do. Could easily get to about $250 with homemade dwc system and a cheaper fan. Since I was gifted the aerogarden, I’m going with that.

1 Like

You can document your grow in the Grow Journals, that way we can follow along on your grow and learn as well. I’m a soil grower, so I like learning about others methods.

I might try a small side lighting project! Sounds like a winter project though! lol @dbrn32

2 Likes