Is my hlg 30 uva bar setup correctly?

Nice cross. What is it a cross of if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt everyone but @Hellraiser… how do you have those fans attached? I see the hanger, but how are you attaching to the pole? I have hurricane clip on fans that drive me nuts, only bar it will stay clipped onto is a ceiling bar. Side bars is gets kicked off as soon as I zip tent up

My own Cherry Ice Cream X Platinum Bubba Kush. On a previous grow a PBK slightly hermied and pollinated a Cherry Ice Cream clone tent-mate and made about 20 seeds. This was the result, great stuff, got 14 oz from the one plant. Pollinated herself as well, very slightly, got about 30 seeds. Took her out of consideration to be a clone mother as I don’t want hermie moms but great smoke.

2 Likes

A picture is worth a thousand words

2 Likes

@Sativafan Closer look at the fan connection as well, simple yet works so well

6 Likes

That is alot of trics…do you ever ramp up the power or you can stay dimmed quite a bit and preserve fixture life… that’s the only buds you ran in there have you run that cross without that light before?

1 Like

I ran it at 600 watts, the 550 at 400 watts and the 260 at 200 watts plus the 60 watts of UVA, was afraid to push it much higher not really knowing how much PAR I was throwing at them. I bought an apogee quantum sensor so will know the PAR levels on the next flowering session, coming up in a couple/few weeks. First (and last) time running that cross, was more of an accidental grow, thought I had thrown those seeds out.

1 Like

Once you bring it to my house and it’s in my grow tent, it will be set up correctly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are u wishing u didn’t looks tasty as all goodness

1 Like

It’s very good but I thought I was growing a pure Cherry Ice Cream (which is even better) until late in flowering and could tell that the bud structure was from the PBK, was more disappointed that what I thought was a batch of pure Cherry seeds ended up being a batch of Cherry X PBK seeds and now I can’t find those pure Cherry seeds, those probably got thrown out LOL, will have to make some more. But got 14 oz of great bud from her so not all bad.

1 Like

I have a hlg 100 watt rspec that I have to add to the uva and 300 rspec in my gorilla 3x3. I got 8-9 oz from my first grow, and I just had a 300 rspec. I’m expecting more, but on my first grow I made a grow journal.

They looked better the first time. There is more yellowing now. One plant even has yellow tips on the new growth at the top of the plant. I raised the lights and hope that was the problem.

3 Likes

Yeah gotta be careful with giving them too much light as well or too much of a intensity change at once.

3 Likes

Yea ice you ever have a dimmer and going bigger always start a lil dimmed atleast

2 Likes

I just asked a few questions on the uva bars on my journal. Can get for cheap when I meet Greg from hlg at Cannacon. Seem cheap anyways actually. Who knows what I may leave there with ?!

2 Likes

That’s good to know. Was just wondering about that. Just grabbed mine from PO and looking at it.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser Could you do me a big favor? Would you give me an idea of wattage and height you are using with the six 288s in flower? I’m using the scorpion in my flower tent now with 1 uva.

1 Like

When I’m running 6 x 288 QB’s I keep them around 90-100 watts per board at 24" above the plant tops.

1 Like

can someone please give me the overall measurements of the HLG 30 UVA light? I cant find the dimensions on the HLG website and I dont know if it will fit in my fixture.

Thanks!

@alexankh

The HLG UVA30 is 24 inches long.

From the HLG website

HLG 30 UVA SUPPLEMENT

Waterproof 30 watt UVA LED BAR designed for 12 hr. cycle in a 4’ x 4’ or 5’ x 5’ space. Passive cooled, 24 inches in length with built in power supply. Bolt on installation for any HLG 550, HLG 600 Rspec®, HLG 650R, Scorpion® Rspec®, and Scorpion® Diablo. For any other lamp this fixture can be independently mounted adjacent to the lamp.

Contains UVA LED 365nm + 385nm

It’s a complete “fixture” by itself, not sure what you mean if it will fit in your fixture.

1 Like

sorry i should have been more specific. i have about 3-3/4 inches between my bars and i’m wondering if this will fit in between

2 Likes