Is my hlg 30 uva bar setup correctly?

Hey, there are 2 plugs on the 30 uva bar. I plugged one into the timer, but don’t know what to do with the other. Is my 30 uva bar working correctly? My other light is hlg 300 rspec. Also, I’m flipping to flower today. Can i use the uvs bar immediately?

2 Likes

I thought I saw the uva bar mounted to the quantum board on HLGs website

1 Like

Not sure about the distance for uv but I would think you would want 2 bars one on each side of fixture for more uniformity if you only got uva on one side of tent only plants under its par value range will benifit

1 Like

You could mount it on a 550 or 600

1 Like

Do i need 2 for a 3x3

Since it’s lighting up, you got it setup correctly. It comes with enough power cabling so you can plug your main light into it as well, like daisy chaining so you only need one outlet or timer.

5 Likes

Unless you can center it over your plants yes …u can grow fine without uv so you dont "need " any but to spread it even I’d position it evenly and with 1 fixture I’d say u need 2 uv if you had 2 fixtures of main light you could fix it between the 2 but since u got 1 …

1 Like

You could probably rotate it from side to side since you already have it on hangers.

1 Like

Yes, I turn on my UVA lamps as soon as I start flowering.

3 Likes

Thanks @Hellraiser

Not really “need”, HLG says it covers a 4x4 space so even off center, it’ll still get nice UVA rays over your 3x3 area but more directly under it. I do have 2 of them in my 3x3 though, but I am “light overkill man”.

6 Likes

Is that a scorpion? With added bars @Hellraiser

1 Like

Kinda like a scorpion the way I have it setup, it’s HLG 550 Rspec with UVA 30 mounted in the middle of it, a separate hanging UVA 30 and a HLG 260 Rspec (nearest light).

3 Likes

Do you only have a 3x3 or how many tents are you running?

I use 2 Gorilla 3x3x7 tents, usually one for veg and the other for flowering for perpetual grows (harvest every 2 months) and a 2x2x4 for keeping clone mothers.

2 Likes

That’s amazing… i better go with my 4x8 to pull the numbers you do lol

2 Likes

Ssaaawwweeet… essentially 6 288s but its 2 separate drivers so your really pulling more wattage then a scorpion no? A 550 is about 500 and a 260 is 260 watts plus your uv… that’s the next thing I wanna acquire I would get 2 per hlg 600 v2 rspec for the outside of the fixture that would be sweet for a 5x5

Yeah the scorpion rspec is 600 watts, and even scorpion diablo is only 650 watts. I have 760 watts on tap + 60 watts of UVA, all in a 3x3 LOL.

Makes for crazy trich coverage, this was the first victim of that light setup

10 Likes

Do you think the uva produced the bountiful trichs?

It helped some, I’ve noticed a bit of extra or more noticeable trichs since playing with the HLG UVA 30 lamp. But this is a cross of my Cherry Ice Cream so it has a lot of trichs to start with.

Even the larger leaves were covered in trichs

5 Likes