Is my girls going hermie

Is my girls going hermie I’m in my final week of my second grow .I was looking at my girls and noticed these never saw this b4 I thank it’s a banana that I have heard about

Yes those are Nanners. Pluck them off and let her finish, or chop now. I don’t know how many other plants you have that are at risk being pollinated. You’ll never be able to find them all. They hide well. @Tom1
Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

I was afraid so thanks I have 3 plants 1 weak out from harvest I guess I’ll chop them down dam I must have a light leak I did accidentally leave the door open 1 night but I didn’t think it would hurt them

Light leaks are an issue some times. However if they’ve been grown well, they also are just trying to reproduce at the very last minute of their life, and they will sometimes hermie. This is more common in feminized seeds. If you purchase regular seeds, the genetics are more stable. (Generally speaking) This is why I prefer regular seeds.

1 Like

They are in fact female seeds ww from rb this is my second grow under new conditions I used to grow 15 years ago .

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM Tom. Covert got u coverd. Pick em out. And pray they just started

2 Likes

I’m going to just go ahead and harvest them I’ve already started one and I don’t see any signs of seed in it unfortunately it’s a week early but oh well

1 Like

I don’t think you were to far out of that window, I see a lot of orange pistils, so I’m sure she went through the swell. Later than most people chop them. I’ve seen all white pistils and people were ready to chop and did. Lol.

I’ve tried everything to save hermed plants.

You can try plucking the nanners as they appear, but I haven’t found that to be effective.

My opinion, harvest ASAP, never use those seeds again.

1 Like

Yeah had same issue two crops back harvest quickly very quickly

1 Like

Thanks all got them down now its time to dry

Congrats on the harvest then mi amigo. Time to get HIGH… welcome to the site now drop some more beans and let’s get grow 3 started since the room is free. How bout a quick pic of the girls for the road?? :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I believe the hermie trait was just on the one plant

2 Likes

Looking good in there :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Wow that is the best pot I have ever grown killer high .not 2 bad of a yield so far 3.5 oz one plant dried not cured. Still got the girl that was under good light to harvest and dry

1 Like

I’m guess 5 oz

1 Like

No scale? She dries to around 1-4 of weight. 1/3 sometimes

Pretty good guess . 7 oz dried got the new beans today more ww and some bubbly gum and ak bout to germinate one of ak and bubbly gum got some clones from that ww that I got 7 oz from

1 Like