Is My clone stretching?

i have my Phantom CMh 315 lamp at 36". I have read thats the distance i should go with… I have diabetic neuropathy in my hands and cannot judge the heat at canopy level the temp at the canopy is consistent 75°F … Thanks for any suggestions on distance between lamp and canopy

2 Likes

Yeah, she is stretching a little bit. You could get an infrared thermometer, like this:
Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -58℉~ 716℉ (-50℃ ~ 380℃), Yellow and Black

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00837ZGRY?tag=greenrel-20
The hand test is pretty inaccurate, anyway. With today’s sophisticated lighting, they produce more light and less heat, so it’s possible to light burn your plants at a comfortable distance for your hand, even with no neuropathy (bummer, btw).

Lots of guys here grow with those lights. Give me a bit and I’ll see if I can round a few up, and they can give you a good idea of what you can get away with. :+1:

@Dr.DankThumb420 @Donaldj aaaand I’m drawing a blank…

2 Likes

75 consistent canopy temp is perfect

1 Like

There it is! Yes, I would go by canopy temp from a thermometer like that one, and lower it until everything is happy.

1 Like

Also u can startout at 36 inches and bring down depending on plants preference. I run mine around 24 inches atm

Thank you very much My friend i have the light now at 24" ill check temperature at 7am Pacific time thats when i turn off the light for 6hrs and I’ll pist pics of what I see here’s the plant as of 10:21pm

2 Likes

No problem! That looks like a nice grow space. :+1:

1 Like

These are pix from this morning after lowering my CMh 315 lamp from $36" down to 24" … Doe’s shes look stressed? Is 24" the correct distance as of now or should i raise lamp 4" or so?

1 Like

Those are just trichomes. If you feel that she is stressed, just go up the 4 inches and lower it in a week or 2. From what i can see she looks fine

1 Like

Ok I’ll try 28" when i put her back under the lamp. I just noticed that the edges of the leaves were starting to curl a bit and they were standing tall… I am completely new to this so im relying on your advice to steer me in the right direction… i know thats alot of pressure… lol thanks for all your help my friend. I really do appreciate your help

1 Like

No worries. We all have to start somewhere. 28inches sound about right if u were seeing some curling. See how she reacts at 28, if shes reaching up thats a good thing.

1 Like

So far so good at 28" …

1 Like

1 Like

Shes looking great. Keep it up

1 Like

Right on :+1:

I’m new so sorry if I’m wrong but that white all over the leaf looks like powdery mildew. I didn’t think the plant would have trichomes or at least not that much at a young age?

Thanks it might be i had it in a dirty basement while I setup the new room so ill get somewhere else setup instead of the basement… Thanks

I’m not sure who all to tag to be certain but it definitely looks like it. I’d confirm with experts here they can also recommend treatment to prevent it from getting worse.

@Hogmaster check post 8 please

I know of 1 solution thats a tablespoon of baking powder and dish soap with water … Ill try that it worked before work

1 Like

Hey man no worries like i was telling you they are trichomes.