Is my auto flower seed doing good so far

Hi ILGM community,

I’m new to growing and this is my first auto flower. Just wanted to know how it’s doing so far. I’m using a Spider Farmer SF1000 for my light and fox farms ocean forest as my medium. It’s been two days and it seems strange to me that’s it’s getting so big. The light is at 60%.

2 Likes

Looks exactly like it should! Good job so far and welcome!

1 Like

Looks great

Maybe a touch stretchy. How high is the light?

1 Like

Thank you @Calizona and @Mr_Wormwood

@Mr_Wormwood it’s about 36 inches away from the top of the plant

Plant is looking good you can always drop your light down a few inches to reduce stretching or turn the light to full power also id recommend upgrading to a SF2000 for flower as 1 SF1000 wont be sufficient enough to flower a plant with good results

1 Like

SF1000 is not a bad light depending on the area to cover. I just harvested my Gelato Auto in a 2x2 tent with one.

5 Likes

Looks good to me :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I stand corrected haha

4 Likes

@CygnusX1 what was your light percentage? My grow room is about the same size. Did you change your light percentage or kept it at one the entire time?

1 Like

I’m starting a new grow presently. At the stage of yours I’d personally put them at 70-75% at 24” and adjust from there.

I also keep them domed for a bit longer. Cut off 2 liter bottle works well.

If you want to get more precise you can also use the Photon app which will measure DLI and help you adjust based on growth stage.

Keep in mind I’m only on my second grow and there are many ways to do this. Just sharing what seems to be working for me. :+1:

1 Like

Just to add, you can and should adjust as you see how it grows. Stretching or a lot of space between nodes then give more light by turning up or lowering. If it’s short and bushy, less light.

Could you imagine the bud size if it was 2000? Don’t sell yourself short, my friend.

2 Likes

I’m considering upgrading to a HLG 135 RSPEC for this grow as I’m going to be running 2 plants in the space, but my point was as he already owns the light, there is no immediate “need” to change it out (unlike a blurple, etc). SF1000 is probably the best Chinese light in the category.

That gelato auto was 9.65oz wet. Not bad considering all of the mistakes I made along the way.

2 Likes

@LiesGrows I have 2 VS1000s that I’m suspecting won’t be sufficient for flowering - I’m in a 4x4 with potentially 4 auto flowers - two or three photos if I’m lucky enough to have them all survive that long. Pretending I get as far as 6 of them flowering, would a mid-tier SF get me there, or am I better off just waiting around for a few weeks til I can spring for the HLG 600RSpec? On the one hand I’d love to have the better lights in there now while they’re growing, but on the other hand I would rather have better quality buds.

1 Like

SF4000 would do great in a 4x4 and do would a HLG 600

2 Likes

Hi ILGM community,

Just wanted to update my post here and get some opinions from everyone about how my auto flower is doing. Here is my plant at day 13:

It’s on a 18/6 light schedule and it’s temperature is
78 degrees and at 70 percent humidity.

The soil seems to be moist when I dip my finger about an inch deep. So not watering it for couple days.