Is it too soon to be flowering?

So my seedlings had a little stunt in growth and on the 18-6 light cycle alongside my photoperiod plants one started flowering! The other hasn’t yet. Why is it so small and will it yield anything? First timer and not sure what to do! Thanks!

3 Likes

Very small to be flowering. I believe that is the frustration with growers on this forum and why many of them don’t grow autos. It will yield something, unfortunately it may only be a single joint.

Because it’s an auto flower.

Gotcha … well good thing I have several more going I guess. For a first time grower it’s always an experiment

1 Like

I guess we’ll see in 7-9 weeks :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

New myself. Hang around on this forum and you’ll get most of the information you need to be successful. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Couldn’t resist: My mini auto today at 8 weeks.

4 Likes

I have a theory…the “stunt in growth” could have been the plant building a root system. The roots then hit the walls and forced it to flower. I’m still on my first grow so not much experience here but someone here will chime in with the right information for you. Happy growing friend!

Just saw another thread with an auto at almost 6ft tall so I would think that is not autoflower problem but maybe this plants phenotype?

I would gently try to transplant to bigger pot. you really don’t have much to lose. Keep taking care of it good luck.

too small pot. er…planter. move to at least 3 gallon asap.

2 Likes

I just transplanted them! Was thinking it needed to still be bigger to move it. We shall see. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I put it in a bigger pot and I guess we’ll see how much it grows over the next couple of months

1 Like

Right, and sometimes the phenotypes are not uniform in sizes. Again, which is why I grow photoperiod, I don’t have to wait until it’s 6ft to decide to flower.

Here I thought auto would be easier but it seems easier to be in control of the veg and flower cycles. I have one more auto and then the rest are photo. My gorilla glue photo is massive and still in veg so I have that going for me

1 Like

I should mention that I have another mini auto in the same condition. It’s a different strain, so it’s not the seed. I: Started them in solo cups, fed them some nutes after 2 wks and burned the bottom leaves. When I put them in 3 & 5 gal pots a couple weeks ago, the roots were pot bound and there wasn’t enough drainage. I have 2 autos that just hatched in 3 gal pots, so I should have better luck. Live and learn, with a little amusement thrown in.

1 Like

You should always try to get autos in their forever home as soon as possible. I sprout mine in Solo cups but transplant to 5gal pots as soon as possible. Usually once the tap root has reached the bottom of cup typically a couple of days after sprout.

2 Likes

I will play the small auto game too. Jack Herer autos

and two of her sisters

They would be bigger but had to cut back main colas and side colas because of caterpillar damage

2 Likes

Good to know!!