Is it too late to add co2 by Wk 6 of Flower?

The temps in the tent has been pretty hot the whole grow cycle. I was able to add some fans and a inline to make it a lil cooler but still between 79-84F. Its in week 5 of Flower and have a co2 bag coming Thursday which will be week 6 of flower. The strain is LSD and finishes in 8-9 wks according to ILGM. Will adding co2 make a difference now or is it too late?

Way too late for that. Plants breathe CO2 that would have been useful in veg. to help them grow taller/fatter. But now that your almost finished with the plant it would be kinda pointless now to add CO2 imo.

1 Like

@darkillusion3526
Really even during mid flower? It hasn’t even produced trichomes yet.

Well you can give it a try. I am not expert and I could be wrong. My thinking is that if you say its only a few weeks away from being done as far as the info on it goes. Then the plant as already grown as much as it will grow and any CO2 you add would be of little benefit. Again I could be wrong if someone else with more knowledge drops in and says other wise go with them and I am sorry to have wasted your time. Right now I would be thinking of adding molasses into the soil to help with the buds taste and flavor.

1 Like

@darkillusion3526 Yea to be fair I guess I haven’t given you the most accurate info given this pic was took on Tuesday. Its in my dads home but unable to visit the plant as he’s self quarantining himself. He told me the colas has thickened up since then so maybe you’re right the bud development is probably almost finished. I don’t have mollases but I did have my Dad feed it recharge.

1 Like

Its all good my friend no worries. When you get to look at them when its safe if the colas are looking young and still growing go ahead and try the CO2. It would help them develop easier, but also look into adding molasses into your plants water. I find it helps with the buds smell and taste after its cut/dried. Again that`s my opinion. But if recharge is cheaper then go for that.

1 Like