Is it too late? It is? It’s not right?

An outdoor grow, is it? It’s too late. Wow! Wow man. You guys are bumming me out. I heard once that a guy grew it in snow. I don’t have any snow. I have a bag of ice. It’s not full. Wow. I really wanted this thread to be more uplifting.

1 Like

Depends on the size you start with, it just won’t get huge.

What would you suggest?

Where are you located

1 Like

That’s the million dollar question! You could definitely start an outdoor grow in lower latitudes with short winters, I’d think. :thinking:

I’d also ask when is your first frost?

Los Angeles

I am in Los Angeles California. I can get a frosty at my local IKEA

1 Like

Somebody in that area needs to chime in but I would think you are good to go

1 Like

Yeah, you could get one in before L.A. freezes! :joy: :+1:

1 Like

Would you start from seed or should I get a clone?

clone if you can! Actually several, because they wont get very big before the darkness hours cause tgem to flower. Therefore, grow many.

2 Likes

Because there clones, and I would probably need to give them a little extra light, three hours or so extra the first week, Because I’m probably taking them from an indoor grow to begin with. Could I technically continue to give them more light so I could keep them in a vegetative state longer? Of course I don’t know how I would do that, but it’s an interesting notion. Ideas? Or no, that’s ridiculous. Thank you

1 Like

You could add lighting to keep them in veg longer. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be a “grow” light. Just enough to make the hours of light they see longer to keep them from starting to flower. Maybe just a large enough flood light to cover the whole gang of plants would do it, but I don’t have any direct experience with that, nor outdoor growing, honestly. But I’ve seen others on this forum use supplemental lighting outdoors for that reason. I think one person was vegging them indoors for a while, then getting them outdoors as early as possible for as long a season as possible (sativa, maybe?). That meant early enough in spring that the days were still short enough to induce flowering, so they added lighting to keep them vegging. Sure wish I could remember who that was, though, I’m sorry. I can’t even think of anyone in L.A. on here, just farther north or south of there. Once you do put them outside, leave them. Don’t bring them back in your indoor space, insects could hitch a ride. :v:

2 Likes

Grow indoors seasons can’t stop you.

1 Like

Thanks brother. Good support

1 Like

I’m in the Midwest and am worried lol I started some seeds 2 weeks ago and I’m worried how big they will get. you’re in LA you shouldn’t worry you should be growing. You might be waiting a while for that first frost or snow just sayin. Maybe veg them the inside for 6 -8 weeks inside then take it outside to finish. I’m just a newb…

2 Likes

If youbare in North America, you are running out of time for an outdoor grow. Plants will begin flower in August. If youbwant to grow outddor pot, its best to sew seed in the spring or have starts ready to go out by mid May-June. If you had mature plants that you wanted to finish outdoors then go for it.

1 Like

I live in Redondo Beach California which is in LA County, last year I grew all winter
Plants didn’t get huge but they continue to grow all winter long … I live less than a mile from the beach so we don’t get “Frost” but at times it can get cold… but in the many many many years that I’ve been growing I’ve never ever had a plant damage from frost or getting too cold in this area… however there are places in La that are up in the hills and stuff and they definitely get cold and if you’re worried about it they do have Frost coverings that you can put on for the night take them off in the day just set your alarm to get that early morning sun

2 Likes

Thanks Teri. Really appreciate advice.

1 Like