Is It Safe to Top These?

Thanks @Thetattedmann yes that was the one :point_up:
:+1::v:️:cowboy_hat_face:Can

1 Like

Thank you @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @kabongster @Sasquatch @Jmesser80, you guys are GREAT! I had some personal stuff going on and simply couldn’t get back until now. I’m sorry.

Anyway, I just bought some seeds from ILGM and am looking forward to growing this year. While I’m here, how do I know if I should be “Topping” or “Fimming”? I’ve reviewed the photo/graphic (thank you once again) but because I’m so new to growing cannabis, I don’t know the different outcomes that these two technics provide.

Thank you all for your kindness,

CBDbudMan

3 Likes

Oops… I almost forgot to thank @Thetattedmann. Thank you @Thetattedmann.

I always fim (4 new tops instead of 2) and if you mess up it ends up being topping (2 new tops). Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you @Daddy… So, that’s the main difference? Sounds great. I can certainly see how more tops are better. Having never done this, is there a difference in the quality of the tops? I’m guessing more buds with 4 tops. Any drawbacks with fimming to get 4 tops vs topping to get 2 and visa versa? I’m not trying to be a drag with all of my Q’s here, I’m just so new to this. Please forgive my ignorance.

Thank you all… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Usually when you fim you will get at least 3 strong new tops. If you get a 4th it will usually be visibly weaker but 3 is still better then 2. It is okay to just practice fimming as if you screw up you just topped instead. And yes you can top or fim your fims. Create 8-10 good bud sites.

2 Likes

No worries @CBDbudMan
Family life comes first. :+1:

1 Like

@CBDbudMan
The term fim comes from topping and those doing it messing up and not topping correctly
F$&k i missed (fim)
If done correctly you will get 4 tops (main colas)
If you mess up doing a fim as other explained you will only end up topping the plants and have two
Doing either will aid in keeping plant shorter and bushier
Keep in mind every time you fim or top
You should give the plant at least 1-2 weeks to recover fully
Happy growing :v:️CB

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
Thank you so much for this. I just got my seeds yesterday (from ILGM of course) and am now anxiously waiting for springtime. While it is legal for me to grow outside in my backyard, I will be using the fimming technics discussed here to keep things below my 6’ fence line and out of direct sight of nosey neighbors.

Thank you all…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@CBDbudMan look into the scrog technique as well
I had ine outdoors last year
One plant filled a screen 4 foot deep and 6 foot wide and plant was never over 4 foot off ground

Unfortunately i lost most of the grow to bud rot cause of extreme high humidity in September and October
There are pictures on my thread
Cb outdoor Gorilla grow
I think name was

1 Like