Is it safe to order?

Im very sceptical of anything that says put cash in the mail box and pray. I want to order badly but cash is the only option i have. If i have to grow one more bag seed im gona just go buy some instead of wasting 5 or 6 months and jackin my electric bill up.

1 Like

If you are talking about ILGM, I can say that they are beyond honest with their customers. They stand behind their products and guarantee delivery!

8 Likes

I was the same on my first order. I have ordered several times now and used cash every time. With my experience I say order with confidence.

6 Likes

ILGM is more than legit.

5 Likes

I would have to agree 100% with all above :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

5 Likes

Never used ILGM but have never had a problem with my seed bank. There will be twats out there but I find going on recommendation is a great indicator. Good luck :sunglasses:

You will be fine.
Put a piece of paper around the cash so people cant see thru envelope.
And be sure to join us in forums for all advice and help you may need in your grow.

6 Likes

Here from their support section :

What if your order doesn’t arrive?

If your order does not arrive, we will in all fairness ship your seeds again. For free! We have the following reshipping conditions:

• Free reshipping takes place after 25 business days. Most packages arrive within 2 weeks. The ones that don’t, will be delivered in the following 2 weeks. International mail and customs can have various delays, hence the waiting period.
  • Please contact us immediately if your order does not arrive within 25 business days. If you do not contact us within 90 days after the shipping time frame, we will mark your order as received.
  • If you have entered an incorrect address (Like forgetting the apartment number), then we cannot reship for free. The address is printed out EXACTLY as you enter it, there are no manual actions on our side (unless you ask us to). However, we do not leave you out in the cold, so to help, you will get a discount code for your next order.
  • You can provide an alternative address for the 2nd shipment if you want.
  • If we re-ship we ship the exact same seeds you originally ordered.

Like I said earlier, they really stand behind their product! :wink:
One of the first orders I placed with them (about 5 years ago) was “lost” by the post. Even if it was no fault of them, ILGM replaced them. I just had to be a little patient. You can’t go wrong with them. And I am not saying that because I want freebies from them, they don’t even deliver to Canada anymore! So be confident, get your seeds and enjoy a wonderful grow!

2 Likes

I’ve ordered seeds here, seeds there, seeds everywhere, ILGM has always delivered (not that others haven’t), you just have to investigate a little to see who’s legit and who’s FBN (fly by night). Even ordering seeds doesn’t mean you’ll get a desirable strain, or a good strain with an undesirable orphan offspring you happened to draw straws on, and on the other hand, you could get a 1 in a thousand SUPER PLANT where all the desirable genetic characteristics fall on one seed and the undesirables do not.
Stabilized strains tend to produce sisters alike, they’re homogenized by many generations of interbreeding. Whereas fresh breed single generation have offspring that vary greatly from seed to seed with many different arrays of character resembling the parent strains. When you do find a super seed plant, I advise cloning it over and over. The crap plats (morphious uglyus). turn to bubblehash or shatter. Starting with a desirable strain is only the beginning, nicklebag seeds are often hermaphrodites and good for nothing, invest in the breeders, they worked tirelessly to filter out bad traits and breed in the good. I don’t like autoflower, but once had a non autoflower start flowering during the longest days of the year (roll of the genetic dice) all her sisters were normal and robust, who knows, could have been planted over a natural radon gas fisher!

TLDR: You get what you pay for!

Good luck on your mission!

3 Likes

If you’re saying that a Thai parent crossed with an Afghani parent will result in wildly varied sibling seeds, I’m going to push back on that. Heterosis isn’t fully understood, but it’s observable that regardless of vigor, F1 hybrids from diverse parents tend to be very uniform.

I trust ILGM to deliver seeds if they receive payment. Just make sure you follow instructions carefully and then have patience while they handle delivery. Without getting specific, the delays you might have in delivery are about ensuring delivery. Welcome to the community @Thc-lover1

1 Like

I read up on F1 hybrids, according to my understanding, it’s two “homogenized” strains or species, thank-you for that clarification, I did not know that.

1 Like

Lord of the Strains made an illustration of Mendelian Inheritance that explains it visually. DJ Short talks about this to anyone who will listen. I’m always happy to have an engaging genetics discussion (tag me), but I don’t want to derail this thread.

2 Likes

Cash is what I planned on using, im glad to hear that you actually got what you ordered. I was afraid of getting nothing at all.

1 Like

Go for it just allowed 25 days to receive. ILGM will take care of you.

2 Likes

derail away my friend, I am interested in hearing about it too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

so what your sayin is not all companies sell stable genetics, they just take two they like cross em and then harvest (and sell) first generation seeds?

“Stable” is a funny term and it means different things depending on context.

Northern Lights or Blueberry could be considered “stable” because they’ve been selectively inbred for so many generations. There are variations, seed to seed, but if you pop 200 seeds you’ll see only a few “trait clusters” which people sometimes call phenotype (I don’t). Point being the variation is narrow.

If you cross a squat broadleaf Afghani plant with a tropical narrow-leaf stretchy plant, you’re going to get very uniform seeds. But if you grow those F1 seeds and cross any 2 of them for an F2, the 800 seeds you get will have a LOT of variation in traits. Is the breeder irresponsible for selling you an F1? I’d argue no, as long as they have grown the seeds out to see how they perform. In fact, I think most people will agree that F1 hybrids are usually the best product for the average home grower.

People will say a landrace (a genetically/environmentally isolated breeding cluster) is stable. I’m not so sure about that. Nature loves diversity. The plants from that group that thrive in a particular condition might not represent all the genetic diversity the gene pool contains. Maybe the gene pool of a Hindu Kush can produce a leggy “Sativa,” but those plants never make it as seedlings. The environmental pressures suppress certain gene expressions, but the genes might remain in the gene pool. I’m suggesting this is a possible scenario, as it’s more likely that undesirable traits are eliminated by both environmental influences and human selection. Truly wild cannabis would be an interesting thing to study.

2 Likes

I was too but ILGM is straight up LEGIT!! Start off small if your that worried. But rest assured you deff wont be disappointed

4 Likes

IMHO, the problem is that too many “breeders” mislead customers about the inheritance the seeds should have. You are not guaranteed to produce a plant that is the average or the sum of the parental traits. If it worked that way, green moms crossed with purple dads would all be brown children. If you want me to expand on this, I can.

A broader problem is that seed producers have an incentive to chase the new hot strain (zkittlez or cookies for example), and the longer they take to do responsible selective breeding, the greater the chance the fad will pass. A good breeder is in it for the long haul.

3 Likes