Is it safe to flush w/o drowning plant even more

Lightly heavyly at times :grin:. Only for humidity though. I only water my other plant. Around stock to prevent them from looking like these two.
& kinda wondered if it had sum to do with the seaweed.:yum:
The pink pot growth is horrible slow. The others are 2weeks behind and are as tall r taller. Even though i have been feeding the other plants grow big. 3 1/2 tbs to a gallon ph6.8

I am too slow, lol that was exactly what I was typing @Majiktoker :wink:

1 Like

Yea you should avoid that at night time add an extra fan in there at night time if possible in place of misting less chance of mold and increase of air movement always keeps temps and humidity steady

1 Like

so how do i get my plant back to looking healthy & standing tall. is it good to put heating pad under pot to help dry out soil?
and should i mist while under light?
questions might sound dumb, but they could matter

These are not dumb questions these are the path to your success, how to get them healthy well first a ph reading would help, second they could dry up, 3 keep an eye on the powder and make sure it does not progress into a more serious issue.

You can use a heating pad to dry up the soil some over night also yes you could mist during day, that’s better than misting before night

3 Likes

But don’t douse them when misting. Maybe one of two shots, depending on how much comes out on one squirt and no, never a dumb question. Everyone here was once a brand new grower just like yourself

3 Likes

You have a relatively health RH and temperature, the heating mat is not necessary and yes you can and should do your misting in the light period, never do it in the last 4 to 5 hours before dark period

Hoping that’s helping you @merdocc

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

Before i call it a night. Chec,d on the ladies & i beleave they’re happier after the flush. Drop comments, ill get bac to u in the. A.M.:v:

3 Likes

How they looking after flush out yesterday

Cant wait to get home. Im expecting them to lookbup & perky😎

2 Likes

Until you start properly adjusting your pH you’re going to have ever-increasing issues

…also I’m wondering how much runoff you’re getting from those pots because everything looks kind of over watered, at the risk of asking the obvious do those containers have adequate holes in the bottom?

and you need a close up of the powder so we can tell if it’s p.m. or not

Also misting is not necessary and only increases the chances of things like fungus and powdery mildew

• good luck!
1 Like

@Paranorman i ph all my liquids 6.8 -7
What am I doing wrong

6.3 - 6.6 is the correct zone for soil, hope this helps …if you have any other questions please feel free to ask…

Do those pots have holes in the bottom?

1 Like

Yeah four. I use a Phillips drill bit. Wen i fludhed them last night, watervflowvwas good out of the bottim though could be better.
I’ve always knew my pot was too big fir plant size. Just wanted to cut down on transplanting.
I originally was only watering around stem, then watered soil around whole pot. Water seemed tovstay in soil. Ibhave none of these problem with other plants,considering i water only around stem.

I could tell that was what was going (that’s why I kept asking)

You need to make the holes bigger and on the bottom sides like on regular flower pots, some people use soldering iron and they melt hole really quick, otherwise you’re likely going to run into root-rot and one day the whole plant will just droop and die, if you’re lucky …otherwise you’re going to deal with all kinds of molds funguses and mildews first and then it will die

Sorry for the drama but, I mean I could see the drainage issue cuz I’ve been down that road and I know what’s coming next for your plants, maybe make adjustments now when it’s easier ? …if you take this advice and need any more help or information I’ll be glad to help you, best of luck!

1 Like

Will do. Soon as i get home

1 Like

Also pick up a plant when it’s dry, feel the weight and don’t water until it feels that dry again …they like to go a little dry before each watering and you’ll save yourself headaches with gnats, root rot and other issues that come with over-watering (but first let’s just get the pots draining) LOL :thumbsup:

2 Likes