Is it ready to be cut down?

Hello everyone it’s the end of week 9 flowering of these photo blue dream plants. Most of the buds look like they can be chopped down, but others not so much. Do I wait till they are all ready or chop the ones that look good already?

3 Likes

May as well, they dont look like they will yield much. I say get the tent cleared and start a new grow.

1 Like

This was my first grow so I honestly didn’t know what I was doing. I’m going to try to get them smaller and more bushy next grow. Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

I had same similar issues my first grow. Remember less is more. You will still.be able to.smoke what you have. Try to dry them as slow as possible.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! I think you have a mixed basket the larger buds closest to the light looks to be getting close but the smaller buds At the bottom have some time to go. I’m basing this on overall look of the plant. You really Need to look at the crystals with Magnification. Good luck.

2 Likes

I appreciate all the advice everyone! If anyone knows the best conditions for drying that would be awesome. I plan on drying in a closet and I bought a air conditioner and humidifier to keep it in the low to mid 60s degrees and about 60% humidity, but when I use both machines in there my humidifier says I cant pass 40% humidity. I’m thinking it’s because both machines are fairly close together.

1 Like

Look the thricomes thats all you need depending how you like BTW cloudy or amber or 70/30

1 Like

Hello I’m having the same thoughts as Amateur mentions, my first grow some are bigger not sure if Its time, my 2 oldest were sprouted 9-9-21 the others are a few weeks behind. When I look through the posts on all the great info it can become overwhelming but all good at the same time. I think I’m going to use Edgewater21’s advice and get them ready for harvest. I think the different stages will give me something to use on the next grow. Any advice is appreciated.

I’m not sure but any advice will be appreciated. The guys know that grow are outside only so not getting solid info from them

Your pistols look primarily white… I don’t even look at the trichomes until most pistols are brown… IMO your a ways out. Your trichomes still have the glass appearance with very little cloudy and I’m not seeing any amber.

3 Likes

Thanks I was just up looking again I guess the issue is the 2 of the plants are a little ahead of the other 4, all set to 12hr schedule at the same time, It’s amazing how much taller the one is than the others I guess I’m trying not to hurry, but easily distracted in their beauty. So the white need to be mostly tan brown, the pistols on my big plant are amber brownish the buds aren’t huge or even Large by any means, I figured it was being inside I know the pistols on the shorter plants are still mostly white like you mentioned but they are about 2 weeks younger than the tall one. My plan was or is to flush for the next 2 weeks and then harvest, trying to get the best results, all new to me but having fun.

1 Like

Here’s recent pics of my grow and I’m guessing I’m still 5 weeks out. No one individual plant has a expiration they can all be different. I might harvest one a week before or after another. I try to keep myself stocked with flowers so I don’t feel a need to rush things. The pics are from 4 different plants and strains @Bunger64

1 Like

@Amateur-Grower Shoot for a slow drying process. 8 or 9 days Temperature 66 to 68 Degrees Humidity 45 to 50 percent will work fine In a dark area. This can vary a little depending on your area an climate. After drying jar up for a slow cure. Also good practice to drop in jars the small hydrometers To measure moisture level. 58 to 62 Being a good level. Hope that helps good luck.

3 Likes

You are not ready to harvest just yet… still a ton of white hairs… I say you still have 3-4 weeks left to honest with ya… and that’s when they fatten up… my advice is patience

1 Like

I personally would hitem with flower fuel/molasses/calmag and waitem out. Lotsa good green left to feed the buds. That is totally my opinion. You might be surprised. Give them another week and watchem. Very few auto or photo finish in 9 for me. Cant hurt to have the patience. This is maybe 11 in or so. Driving me crazy but waiting.

3 Likes

Best thing I can say is get a good macro lens or a USB camera get pics of the bud meat not leaves how close is the light to the buds as the one for sure looks like it is foxtailing I’d wait it out a bit longer for sure and see about getting a USB or macro and get good close ups of the trics before chopping. Nothing worse than chopping early

1 Like

Thank you everyone that has answered, my time frame is what I’m worried about I guess I have to leave town on Thursday for a week and my backup water is watching over our babies while I’m gone. I’m sure all is good just excited on their progress. Mark0247,Storm,and Clevergrower200,kellydans, I think this is great having a hub for a whole bunch of good information. Thanks everyone.

It’s gonna be fine bro. That’s what I kept telling myself. I had 3 photos 6ft tall and 4 autoowers. The autos turned out nice about 14oz. The photos froze, the trichomes didn’t even get bulbs on the end. Looked like slivers of crystals. So, I’m gonna make butter from the failures, smoke the autos, got 4 more running now. Hit me up, ill grow with ya if you want. Cheers - Wipper49

Love your freedom? Thank a Vet. Go Army!

I dont think shes ready need to c more amber tris. But that all depends on u more amber color gives u a more couch lock effect and less amber n more cloudy give u a energetic effect. I like my tris to b alot more amber but still cloudy n milky if u feel what im saying. But good job n keep up the movement!!

1 Like