Is it ready for harvest now?

It looks close to harvest but the trichomes aren’t turning amber. They’re still white, but rest of plant looks ready. Pistils gone, yellow leaves, at week 9 of purple kush auto. They’re run time is around 8-9 weeks. I have four of them and they are all pretty close but different in levels of advancement.

1 Like

You still have a few white pistils: I would allow it some time to bulk up as if harvesting now could miss out on some yield.

4 Likes

Is that total or flowering? You should be looking to harvest @ 8-9 week of flower. Even then they may run a little longer.

A Complete Guide on When to Harvest Hemp

2 Likes

I know it could be longer than time stated. That’s exactly why I’m asking this question. I have to look now to the plant, and knowledgeable people in the forum, for the clues to the final moments of this plant.

The video is hands down the best. It will show you what to look for. Best 10 minutes on harvesting…

2 Likes

I’d say about 3 weeks.

I’m still trying to get used to this forum format. I couldn’t find the link to the video you were talking about. I’d like to watch it. Thank you.

It’s in the reply he had to you. It’s a hyper link

Not sure how he made it a link🤔

Thanks. I like the idea of waiting until the trichomes start to turn brown but my eyesight is really bad up close and I take pictures with my camera. They’re blurry and hard to read. What do you use to view trichomes up that close?

1 Like

I have both a 60x pocket microscope, and a usb microscope that hooks to a laptop via usb. That really makes them easy to see.

1 Like

Look up USB microscope on Amazon. You can get one for less than $20

1 Like

Or wifi microscope.
Got mine used for 12$ shipped off the bay

1 Like

Ya mines a USB but it works wireless. I have to connect to it’s wifi to use it tho and off of my internet wifi.

1 Like

Mines supposed to be wireless, but it either doesn’t work, or I’m to stupid to figure it out.

I’d say you got around 3 weeks still. Wait for nearly all those hairs to turn brown and shrink back into the calyx’s then start checking trichomes. Patients is what’s needed. This is where a lot of new growers scew up by harvesting too early they get too anxious. Could mean the difference between just ok weed and super good weed. What would you rather have. I know what I’d rather have.

1 Like

Thanks. I ordered a wifi microscope. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m far-sighted so need a lot of help seeing that close.

1 Like

I’m in it for the best, fruits of my labor kind of thing. This is my third grow and there is so much to learn and understand.

How many grows did it take to feel like you finally got it down? Curious :face_with_monocle:

Still trying to figure it out I grow outdoors and nearly every time there’s a different set of problems this year it was caterpillars and bud rot but I was able to keep it from ruining everything and saved most of it. I used to grow with other people, a lot of gorilla grows and the thing we fought about the most was when they were ready. Somebody was always too anxious usually if it was there first couple of grows. Once it even came to blows over it.

I think about 2 more weeks looks like it is starting to cloud up. And yes some white pistils most should turn color but you will have some white because she is still growing. Watch the trics you want 25 30 percent amber be patient but keep an eye out every other day or so. I have told wife about 2 or 3 weeks and went down 3 to 4 days later had amber and harvested 2 days after that at 30 percent amber. They can take what seems like years to turn or they can do it almost over night at this point. Also check lower and upper buds they can change at different times.