Is it possible to "fim" the FIM?

Hey quick question: I took a leap of faith and did my first FIM.

5th node… but the NEXT leaves were coming out more than others I’ve seen FIMming theirs.

Did I screw up and sort of FUp (fim) the FIM???

Picture before vs after.

Tell me if I did. I can take the truth.

9 Likes

Your good my friend awesome job :+1:

1 Like

Looks like mine did. Yippee we did good. :grin:

1 Like

Nothing to it right :laughing:

2 Likes

Ok, one more check. Does this look okay 24 hours later??

A FIM is supposed to make 4 cola stems instead of 2 with just topping, right? Do you see 4? At least the flat top is not flat anymore.

Is this what it is supposed to look like?

IMG_20220422_172134__01__01

5 Likes

Looks right on track to me bro!
Good work!

I have to be high to make a cut that clean! :rofl:

5 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy Yea it ok it will look funny at first plus your leaves coming out will have the edges cut off

5 Likes

I was nervous at first…then it was like "WTF just make the cut dude "and then it was done

6 Likes

I fimmed the top of my plant twice in my last run and i also fimmed the branches aswell

4 Likes

Time will tell but personally I don’t see the split. Could be a little early.

1 Like

‘Up to’ 4 colas. It’s not always 4 that come up. Looks good. You can FIM again after the plant puts up 3 or 4 new nodes.

2 Likes

Takes more than a few days to see the true results of a fim. Sometimes even when you miss a fim it slows the main stem down and the others catch up. I fim’d 4 plants missed on 2 them but they still ended up like bushes anyway. This fim was done correctly, I lucked out and she gave me 5 mains with 2 smaller branches growing out of it also

5 Likes

Good information people! Looks like not being perfect is okay too.

Here is day 2 updated photo close up.

5 Likes

You know what fim stands for fuck i missed

4 Likes

Yes f$#& i missed the f$@# I missed

4 Likes

It looks like I more or less just went All In. That is, I just supercropped my 24-hr old fimmed auto.

Probably too much to do all at once… but what’s done is done. Impatience is my biggest character defect. Does at least the super-cropping look okay?

I plan to do almost nothing over the next 2 weeks other than gradually move the tie downs outward.

I hope I didn’t way overdo it.

3 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy that’s hardest part of growing my friend

3 Likes

My supercrop made the stem separate a little on both sides. It sort of has a split on each side.

Is that okay or do I need to tape that like it had broken in half?

IMG_20220424_123834__01

1 Like

Put you some tap on it it be ok it will fix it self my friend happy growing :blush:

3 Likes

Looks like it’s starting to rebound.

5 Likes