Is it possible to clone an autoflower?

I’ve tried and I was able to clone but was unable to revegetation lol defeated the the goal for me.

1 Like

Can be done, as has been stated, they flower at same time as pulled form momma.
Rooted cutting/clone GSCX last photo - she produced pretty well as a single spire bud.

1 Like

Its a fun learning experiment and if i get anything decent i consider it a win since alternatively they would have just been tossed in the compost. Although 1 of these clones was a mistake. I was hoping to see them stay in veg ah well. But if what everyone else is saying is true and the clones of autos do flower the same cycle as the mother then maybe if i had cut sooner it would have stayed in veg longer? Or is the clone already going to flower due to the stress of well cloning. Idk. Something to think about when i try next time for sure.

5 Likes

One significant limitation is that autoflowering strains of cannabis are quite difficult, though not impossible, to clone successfully . … It is a common myth within the cannabis community that autoflowering strains simply cannot be cloned. On the contrary, it can be done, but it may not be worth it.

1 Like

Veg? Idk. I noticed the growth this morning. I mean it’s not exactly keeping up with the mother on her flower cycle but they could just be trying to catch up.

I would consider Its worth it to see it first hand and have the knowledge in my pocket. Definitely not something to do in hopes you get a whole lot. But cool to see side by side with the mother even if you do it just once.

2 Likes

Here’s the side by side.

1 Like

This last grow I cloned 4 of my autos and made 50+ clones with very high success rates. I lollipopped several of my autos and did heavy defoliation on most of them. I will be making clones and reversing early this time to pollinate clones with a reversed clone.

This will work, because from all I’ve seen, the clones will get stunted and run much longer than the donor mom will, at least 3 weeks IME. I now have some clones that are at 110+ date and their moms were ready to be chopped at 80. Some recent picks below.

The last one is ILGM WW auto, it was a truly spectacular plant, and this was taken well into flower as a tiny sprig. She went through flower and colored up like her mom while living a on a little puddle of stagnant water her whole life.

Clones were taken in late veg through mid flower.

1 Like

They grew quite a bit in 3 days. I kinda wonder if i would try and do some lst to it. Here they are.

3 Likes

Already flowering so if I did any lst, it would be very minimal.

As small as they are maybe just twist and tuck those fan leaves out of the way to directly expose the buds sites to light.

Just my thoughts, fun to watch these results though!

1 Like

That’s what i did yesterday. I just tucked in some leaves. Thanks it was fun trying to keep them alive and waiting for the roots. Can’t wait to see the buds develop on them.

1 Like

Update
They’re growing up so fast. Except the third 1. She isn’t looking bad to say. But she hasn’t really had much growth either. I gave the clones a flowering tea today. I keep tucking leaves but they keep popping back out.

I was thinking when would i consider their life beginning. Would it be when they’re first cut off or first sign of developed roots? Or would i continue the time from the mother? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ve seen some auto clones around here a few times. Most of the people say the clones run 1-4 weeks behind the mother. Probably depends on a lot of things though. Still interesting to watch, they are amazing plants.

1 Like

You cant turn bsck time with an auto so its pointless.

If you want to spend alot of time and money to get lees weed pointless.

Well it’s a learning experience so it’s not a waist of my time at least. And Im not spending too much but I appreciate your concern on my wallet. Happy growing bud.

4 Likes

Your right, if you enjoy it then its not a waist of time.

2 Likes

I might actually get somthing decent from this experiment.
They just reached a foot tall now with an unintended even canopy. At least on 1. The branches caught up to the main. Even the little 1 looks like it’s trying to do somthing. :smile: I’m happy with the results so far.

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty cool man. :+1: When I get around to trying to make my own seeds (probably this fall) this could be a really useful technique.

1 Like

That is also my thoughts on it. I’m getting the cs spray and setting up a third tent for the next experiment.

1 Like

Looking pretty good,nice job!

1 Like