Is it ok to run some strip red LED light for 4 hours in the sleep cycle before the HPS lights go on

Yup. You see the gaps between bud sites? That’s from being a little low on light intensity. Some strains will grow like that a little anyway, regardless of your setup. But pretty typical under lower light conditions. Look really healthy though.

@dbrn32 yeah for a long time I had it on 600 watts couldn’t control the heat had to add my AC unit into the tent now I’m able to keep it at a 1000 Watts I wasn’t sure if you need it at lower wattage for them to stretch for the lights or the thousand lots obviously better flowering but my next girl will be different going to try to get those QB lights like you recommended but again thanks for all your help I guess for my first grow something’s better than nothing plus I learned a hell of a lot thanks you guys

1 Like

Did you run them under hps the whole time?

Yes I planted them in a 3 gallon fabric pots after the peroxide soak and stated them with 400 watts I found some lights and I was wondering if you could give me some advice if they are any good,here are the specs. There 4 of these for $280.00 atr they any good

1 Like

I would’nt buy them. Vegging with hps will kinda make them look like that too. If your ballast will run a metal halide bulb I would try vegging with one of those instead of buying budget led panel.

@dbrn32 that’s what I used with these MH lights and then switch to HPS what’s the dimmable electronic ballast from 400 watts to 1000 Watts and it has a super lumen also on the ballast which QBs would be the best for a 5 by 5 tent and then my new ones going to be 8ft x8 ft how many and what kind do I need and are they very expensive

1 Like

If you’re buying kits, like 3 of the 260xl kits is what I would do in a 5x5 for flowering. 8x8, I’m not sure off top of my head. But like 4 of what would be considered good for a 4x4.

Is there any specific website to get those off of and do you use them with the MH and HPS lights also or just the QB’s? Sorry so many questions just not sure of what to get n from what I hear you are the GURU of lighting and of course much more thank you

1 Like

Most run them by themselves, but there are a few that run them with hid lighting in larger spaces. If you want kits, horticulture lighting group or growerslights both sell them.

@dbrn32 thank you for your info I will check them both out both good websites and places to buy from I’m assuming thanks again

1 Like

Horticulture lighting group is the manufacturer, and growerslights is their biggest online retailer. Doesn’t really get any better than either.

1 Like

Boy that’s for sure thank you :skier::ok_hand::v:

1 Like