Is it ok to run some strip red LED light for 4 hours in the sleep cycle before the HPS lights go on

I was wondering if someone could tell me if it would danger my plants they’re just barely one week into the flower stage and I can’t put these red LED strip lights that I have hanging over the plants on a timer right now cuz I don’t have an adapter from DC to AC I know they’re not supposed to have any light for 12 hours but just curious if it will mess them up haven’t been doing it just when I get off work I’ve been turning them on then they only get 4 hours of the red spectrum plus my HPS somebody could help me I would greatly greatly appreciate y’all thanks again

Any light is a big no no, short of a fire, lights out, is lights out, ahh boot camp, I remember those nights

1 Like

Alright thanks man I’ll have to get some sort of an inverter what’s the timer to get them to come on at 10 cuz I have them from lights out from 10 at night till 10 in the morning then lights on from 10 to 10 but thanks for the info I thought it was a No-No but just checking have a great night

You don’t want to do that. What powers the LEDs now?

1 Like

@dbrn32 they are having some shut-eye right now sorry I’ll have to get back with you tomorrow but I appreciate you getting back with me I just thought I’d put some up on all four sides to see if it’ll help in the flowering stage I know the red spectrum is great for flowering but when I get home from work tomorrow I will look at the package I’m on a 12-hour days 6 days a week so I won’t be till about 7 tomorrow night but thanks

12 hours a day 6 days a week? What do they do on the sabbath? Sleep? I’ve never heard of honoring the sabbath with plants?

1 Like

Black Sabbath

3 Likes

Only unless there’s an emergency we have before worked 12-hour days 7 days a week for almost a month about kills an old man but you know when I get home I got to take care of my little girls more important to me than my job sometimes do you need the money to keep them going but so makes for long days but it’s all worth it to see him growing up to young ladies

2 Likes

Thats his work schedule loll

2 Likes

And that’s what happens at my work I run heavy equipment in a rock quarry SO you might say I get stoned all day What a job :joy::v:

3 Likes

I have to manually turn them on & off it really sucks got to find a DC timer to turn them on and right time

You never answered my question. Where are the LEDs getting the dc power from?

From a small 12volt battery that is used for a brake controller and a battery tender

Chances are they’re not providing enough intensity to make that much of a difference. If you have voltage and current data on the strips I can find you a 12v power supply though.

All right let me look on the packages when I get home won’t be able to get back to you till 7 or 7:30 tonight or in the morning thanks a lot preciate you

1 Like

No problem. I’ll check back

I just took those red LEDs down they aren’t very bright I’m just going to get some good ones when I set up my new tent it’s going to be about 6 weeks before these are done I should have my tent setup in 4 weeks gives me time to get all the necessary equipment being my first grow I’ve learned a lot and I will adjust accordingly thank you

2 Likes

@dbrn32 hey young man just wondering if this is about normal for my plants I know we was talkin about lights before but you seem to have wisdom on at all but my plants are in the middle of the second week the flowering tell me if you think these look okay or are a bit small here’s a couple pics

5 Likes

Your plants look to be as expected.

All right just wondering first grow I want to make sure they look normal brother age thanks again

1 Like