Is it ok to just dig a hole and add soil or should i put them in a 30 gallon pot they will not be moved

This is my first outdoors grow in a few years heck I haven’t had a indoor or outdoor grow in a few years bought a new home on 180 acres and 90% is wooded hills. So this year I made a few small clearings in the woods to get good lighting through my first set plants are 2 1/2 weeks old i have 5 Northern Lights and 3 Big Bud That I just transplanted into the ground today I dug holes that were about the size of a 20 gallon pot i did not use plastic of fabric pots I just added my soil mix witch is fox farm Ocean forest, happy frog, and Kellogg Garden Organics equal parts mixed together and the ground soil is good as well rich and easy to work with

6 Likes

Dont know much about planting in ground but id like to see how big they get. Inground grows trees

2 Likes

@Northern.skunk Very Good question and I do not han an answer. I am trying both methods.
Small plants transfer well, sometimes.

Larger plants could involve work.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Northern.skunk I can only dream. I would at a minimum mix good soil 50/50 with the hole dug earth. Plant seedling using both sources making slight mounding of seedling and cover seedling up to cotyledons with soil.
Good luck

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate the info. When i did grow outdoors a few years ago i had them in pot to keep them from getting to big now I’m able to grow monsters lol so sky’s the limit

3 Likes

Keep updated. More photos the better.

1 Like

High,
They grow crazy… 10 footers high 8 foot or bigger around. Directly in Mother Earth i do amend by adding fish carcasses, left over minnows, fish water burnt charcoal but still directly in the ground.
Happy growin
Ger

8 Likes

Wow. Big girls. nice forest!

1 Like

I’m running a little behind, but i hope they get to look as good and big as your ladies I’m in the south east and have basically a tropical climate so these should start to shoot up soon.

1 Like

I saw sunlight today and measured PPFD 750 Hot for sure, after a night of rain

1 Like

Yeah its supposed to be in the mid to upper 80s with rain everyday this week should be interesting lol south life lol

1 Like

Now this is what im talkinh about. AWESOME

1 Like

love to watch your garden!!! how u doing, me still fighting the cancer, lol think the Dr saw me the sucker comin …the Breast cancer has now gone to cervical cancer and now have to see a Cardiologist…hummmm ready to stop now lol
its gonna be a medium grow to stock up again… energy is low so i hope i can keep up…
hope ur doing well, with ur beautifully family

1 Like

Going in ground is proy best as the roots have no limits to hit. Good luck. I’m gonna follow along to see this for sure. Lol

1 Like

High,
Man I wish you the best. Praying for you T!:v:t3::pray:t3::christmas_tree:
Am spending a lot of time with my grandkids. Too much…NEVER! Just drove to SW corner of Iowa from My home in Michigan to watch my 6 and 4 year old granddaughters dance recital. Long ass weekend! 12 hr drive one way. Oh well it was worth it.
Cancer SUCKS!
Take care my friend
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

High,
Thanks man,
Happy growin
Ger

High,
They will catch up. Trust me. Lol. Mine are still in the window for probably at least two weeks maybe more.
Happy growin
Ger

1 Like

High,
Thanks man. Couple are tied down too! Lol
Happy growin
Ger

1 Like

Where’s about in Michigan u be in. I’m by Macomb area near hall Rd and out area withing 15 miles from there. Nice seeing a few more Michiganders here oh God I used the evil witches definition of Michigan ppl. Lmao.

2 Likes